Page 94 of 148 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Junior Potato
    Git gud?

Watching the example video might reveal some tips.

Nate, funny.

Mick, most likely I need to just get better.

Problem I have is totally first world problem. I'm faster than the video. I'll give it a look when I get my feet back under me.

For the new season of the Manufacturers Cup, when I have occasion to logon, I am going to open up a Free Run session in the Lobby and restrict it to friends. Feel free to join if you see that I am in the game. It's just a free practice aession that will end when the last person leaves. You can save room lobby settings so it is real easy to stand up.

Send a friend request to dodint if you want in and are not already PSN friends.

I will be in irregularly from time to time, just extending the offer if anyone wants to free practice.

Gr.4 at Red Bull Ring until 12/19, it will shift to the next round after that, and so on.

I feel like Alonso, I want out of my contract so bad...

I just switched from Porsche to BMW. Enjoying the M4. Someone made a Target Ganassi Telmex livery for it.

I switched from Nissan to Hyundai...

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I've been driving the F50 too much.

It's now my most driven car in GT Sport, only has 500 kms on the clock but that's not bad for me with this game. Probably my least played GT game at one point, but the F50 has been bringing back to the game way more often every week.

Only found a couple of nice looking race car liveries for the F50 too. Most other good ones are ruined by a bad choice of wheel (usually too 'blingy'), wheel colour being too bright/clashing, or some other thing.

And was trying to make the top bit of the rear spoiler black, like an aftermarket adjustable one, but for some reason it also puts the decal on the boot below too, like you duplicated it. Have seen a couple of liveries where that wasn't the case, but no idea how they managed it.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; December 19th, 2018 at 11:23 PM.

They probably mess with the projection parameters on the decal.

I don't like the new penalty zones. Was about 2 seconds ahead of a hungry pack and the penalty zone scrubbed .5 seconds off me. Fine. But it did it at the beginning of a long straight so by the time I got to the next corner the pack was approaching the braking zone while trying to pass, was ugly. Normally I scrub my own penalties but I guess lifting isn't enough anymore, you have to actually brake.

I did have a GTR get past on another straight, swerve in front of me at the last second and jam on the brakes at his brake point. It looked like an insurance fraud attempt. Felt no remorse when he was nudged wide.

Overall my race at Red Bull Ring was pretty poor. I kept putting myself wide and dropping wheels at T6 and I ended up losing 4 spots over the course of he race.

Over the first 2.5laps I probably accumulated 5 seconds in penalty time due to first cutting t2 to avoid a 4 car ball, then just getting too aggressive in corners trying to recover.

So qualified 8th, after getting the penalties, I found myself in 19th and about 10 seconds off. Focused on just being calm and smooth. Ran my fastest lap at lap 6, so audibled into a no-stop.

Ended up finishing 8th.

I like the penalty zones on red bull ring, it's the tracks with only one where it sucks. The penalty time is shorter than it used to be because you are automatically slowed at the line and can't scrub it off.
    Last edited by Rikadyn; December 20th, 2018 at 08:05 AM.