Page 96 of 148 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

The format for the FIA races is silly. I'm not running this round because I'm busy on Saturday. Why it's not available a few times each evening during the round is mind boggling to me (be more like iRacing!).

I did just figure out that you can run the race multiple times per round. On Wednesday I had a full D/S field, and then when I ran the second time I got the A/S D/S split field; first time I have seen that.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    They only started allowing you to try the race more than once this season.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

How many times can you try?

I was going to practice for tomorrow's FIA races but the combos aren't grabbing me. I already missed a bunch of rounds this season so I'm too far behind to want to do these races anyway. The Gr.1 cars at Monza might be fun but there will be spectacular wrecks and lots of penalties I think.

I was pretty stoked to win my Mfr race for Round 1, at Red Bull Ring. There were a couple guys faster than me in the race, one made a mistake and got a penalty and I overtook him, the other qualified IIRC 0.001 behind me and was hounding me all race. I had to defend often and nearly made a big enough mistake for him to get by once. Lots of close, hard, but respectful racing. It was one of those wins you felt like you really earned.

They only take 3 rounds and you already ran one so you can still finish the series and not have to race all of the remaining rounds.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Gran Turismo, for some reason, is one of the few, or the only, racing game series where i don't actually mind if i don't finish first. Every other car game i usually try and get to first place however i can, by using ai to help corner/brake (or by taking them out), using the fastest and easiest to drive cars, using driver aids etc etc. But with GT i sometimes just enter a race with a deliberately slow car and enjoy the race even if i end up near the back of the pack.

It's really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    How many times can you try?
    You can run all five times if you want. They simply take whichever race you scored the most points in.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Jan 17th.

?
    BMW Z8
    Something British
    Ferrari Dino
    Nissan 350Z
    Porsche 356
    Integra?
    Mustang of some sort

350 HR! :heart:

I was just lamenting the lack of a modern Z-car in the lineup yesterday...

The first and third mystery cars in that image have me stumped, too. First one might be a TVR?

I think the Integra is indeed a JDM DC2 TypeR. I think.

-

Only taking 3 of 8 rounds in FIA Sport races is a lot of drops. Add in that you can race every race if you have the time and it doesn't seem to reward certain real life sporting/racing strategies.

GTPlanet speculates the 3rd car is an Aston Martin DB3S that won the GT Awards at Pebble Beach.