Page 99 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Well I usually run the earliest race and my groups are usually mostlyS/s to B/s and like 4-6 d/s

Ya know what? Fuck it I uninstalled. Arguably my best track. I get the worse field of the season. Get hit in qualifying, they go off I get a 4 second penalty, go into the esses next lap, idiot slams on his brakes middle of the corner, another penalty. Qualified 13th and dropped. Winning would have been the second lowest points of the season.

It's more frustrating in the lower quality fields. My first few events in Sport were atrocious. You definitely have to look out for yourself a lot because nobody else is (either by choice or by lack or awareness/experience). If you are able to get your DR/SR up to get into higher quality fields you'll have a much better time. It may take de-prioritizing the short term result and focusing on long term top-half finishes (or something like that - thinking out loud here).

Sometimes you get a low points split. It just happens. I think I am always in the top split (judging by how many record holders I end up in races with) and sometimes the points haul seems like half of what it is other times. I can get more points for 4th in one race than winning another race, even with fast guys up front challenging me the whole way.

This is elo hell.

I had 6/7 races I ran this season were top 10s (1 8th 5 9ths) the only race I didn't was bluemoon (13th). The first race winner got 90pts, last night winner got 600pts. Just last night qualifying dropped my Sr 21pts... So yay.

My lap times at Suzuka were weird too, I ran 2.04.5 on hards and couldn't bring my time down any on mediums.
    Last edited by Rikadyn; January 13th, 2019 at 04:10 AM.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Did you go out immediately in qualifying or did you give yourself a gap?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Set my gap in the out lap (to burn fuel down quicker) then start by the last corner. Problem was that no one seemed to be able to stay on track and my gap would disappear

For the times I was talking in fp, in qualifying I was only able to get a 09.2

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Fuel doesn't affect anything, the game doesn't take into account fuel weight.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

You sure about that? My fastest laps always come with less fuel.

Are we going to be able to change contracts soon? I have a shortlist of cars I want to try but yea.

I also set faster times on lower fuel later in the race if I've made a pit stop for fresh tires.

What is 'elo?'

Contracts are up. Next season starts at the end of the month, though no specifics are known as to what the season will be like.

elo hell is a term from the moba esport world. It means that because of being ranked lower in the beginning it is hard to climb out of it because it is hard to have consistent match ups.

I want to leave Hyundai but not sure where to go. Toyota and the GR concept is interesting but I am also considering returning to Porsche or AMG
    Last edited by Rikadyn; January 13th, 2019 at 02:34 PM.