Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have a Windows phone thread yet? Oh, yeah, because only like two people have them.

My video will be live at:

whenever Youtube deems it ready. Hopefully whatever is done doesn't kill the quality and ya'll can observe the, um, details.

Okay, it exists, but it's decidedly NSFW.

You can definitely see the weird auto-focus pulsing... I haven't watched the result yet to see if the non-red-clarity survived the tube's recompression.

Also, I will call attention to the sound quality. I was standing directly under one of the PAs and it was LOUD. I expected just noise, but Windows Phone did what I would consider an AWESOME job cutting noise, especially on the second number which was fantastically bass-y!
    Last edited by thesameguy; December 22nd, 2015 at 04:07 PM.

You've got the video set to private.
    Whoomah!

How did I miss all this? Whoops! Still rocking my 1020, hoping to eventually pick up the 950 (but instead I bought a monitor!). I'll wait until next year... hopefully they can knock the price down a few hundred. I'll be buying it outright.

There are (were?) also rumors that MS will have another phone come out in 2016... and sticking with the "Surface" branding. I'd rock a Surface Phone.
    Last edited by GreatScawt; December 23rd, 2015 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    You've got the video set to private.
    It's not set to private... it does have age restrictions though.

Or I am a dirty liar and forgot to save changes. Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScawt View Post
    There are (were?) also rumors that MS will have another phone come out in 2016... and sticking with the "Surface" branding. I'd rock a Surface Phone.
    I think they are trying to divorce themselves from the Nokia legacy. Talk about a crazy-stupid path to have taken to get in on the smart phone market!

Video quality is decent, sound quality is excellent.

I'm also really impressed by the fact that you took 25 mins of video. Or did you have a tripod/monopod?!

Not only was that held in my hand, but I had a 6S recording the exact same segment in my other hand. The real issue was a lack of a third hand to hold my rye, as it got quite watery by the end.

The youtube recompression definitely did not do the video any service, but I don't have anywhere to post the original. Maybe I will make a short clip and throw it up on my web host... it's really quite good when the lights aren't red.

My wife has now swapped to a 950, and now I am returning to Windows Mobile via her 950XL.

Strangely enough, the main app that I think I'll miss is Timely, but I have about 7 Android devices that I can run it on, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

That seems like a really strange thing to miss.