Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Good Morning, have you been shot at yet today?

Hospital psych ward, and there was a lot of security. She's on her OB-GYN rotation right now. Next is surgery... I think.
    She doesn't want to go into psychiatry at all... but, you have to do it as one of the many different medical rotations. I didn't get it at first, but I understand how having exposure to psych and all of the other specialties would be beneficial. Even if you only go into family medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    That has been gone for a long time now. Most of us just put him on ignore. It's not worth your time.

My wife recently went through her psych rotation and yeah, I'd agree... just hearing the stories of what some of them have attempted during her 6 weeks is crazy (no pun intended).
    Well that's why they're there, but putting it down to 'not getting their own way' is ridiculous. If that were the case, they'd simply be in prison, not a psych ward.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutton View Post
    Well that's why they're there, but putting it down to 'not getting their own way' is ridiculous. If that were the case, they'd simply be in prison, not a psych ward.
    Except they can plead insanity, and go to a ward.

Try again dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Except they can plead insanity, and go to a ward.

Try again dumbass.
    Well okay, I'll agree with that but that doesn't change what I said one bit. You're now talking about criminals with no mental illness who have duped the legal system, not the genuinely mental ill. And frankly it's a fucking idiot's gambit. Far better to take a pre-determined sentence with a chance of early release, than risk a lifetime of indefinite incarceration with zero chance anyone's going to believe a single complaint you make.

Care to make another attempt at obfuscation?

If you were obfuscated by what I said, it just supports your overall ineptitude on what actually happens in this world. Which is further supported if you think a mentally sane person. Can dupe theental health system.

Keep trying you short sighted numpty.

If you were obfuscated by what I said, it just supports your overall ineptitude on what actually happens in this world. Which is further supported if you think a mentally sane person. Can dupe theental health system.

Keep trying you short sighted numpty.
    And so the attempted obfuscation continues. You just suggested that they can by pleading insanity:

http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?...ll=1#post58316

And frankly yes, I'd definitely believe that. The legal system is a long way from flawless, and there are well documented cases of miscarriages of justice, of which I suspect this is a subset.

However, let's get back to your original statement rather than persisting with the obvious attempts at misdirection and diversion.

http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?...ll=1#post58103

This is marginally right. And mostly wrong. Mentally ill will attack people and try to kill them when they simply don't get their way. This is even on medication. I've seen it in my clinical rotations in several different situations.

Do NOT debate this with me.
    You make an obviously incorrect statement and then demand that people don't debate it with you simply because you're on a psych ward. I then respond by indicating that those who attack simply because they don't get their way, are simply criminals and not mentally ill at all, and that mentally ill people generally attack because of a misperception of the world around them attributable to an illness. You then disagree and throw an insult-ridden tantrum.

So by your original definition, in attacking people, when simply not getting your own way, I think you've just self-diagnosed. Incorrectly mind you but bravo.
    Last edited by LHutton; December 9th, 2015 at 06:58 AM.