Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonneville speed week - Spa F1 - Goodwood revival trip

The Reno Air Races are Sept 14-18 if you want to swing back through the US on your way home...
    Whoomah!

Quite a trip. If you need somewhere to stay for the revival hit me up, as some of the other UK members can attest Goodwood is literally on my doorstep Unless of course you're planning on 5* luxury in which case you'll be out of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    The Reno Air Races are Sept 14-18 if you want to swing back through the US on your way home...
    Damn you Russ

Quote Originally Posted by stephenb View Post
    Quite a trip. If you need somewhere to stay for the revival hit me up, as some of the other UK members can attest Goodwood is literally on my doorstep Unless of course you're planning on 5* luxury in which case you'll be out of luck!
    Given how long this trip is now stretching to trust me, hitting people up for a sofa will be preferable to 5* luxury

Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    Aug 7 SIN-HKG (beers with YW)

I might be in France that week. Will let you know.

OK, Flights booked, some key flights started to disappear on me as I was trying to figure out how to fit Reno in so I ended up just pinning down what I could. So, where it stands

August 6 - Weekend in Hong Kong.
    August 8 - Arrive in LA, I'm going to head up to vegas then spend the week doing grand canyon, monument valley etc on the way to Bonneville
    August 13ish - I'm planning on spending a few days at Bonneville so if anyone else is thinking of coming shout out and we'll organise something. And if anyone wants to volunteer a car, or has any experience/info about running anything there I'm all ears. And shouting dinners and stuff.
    August 16ish - start heading towards Monterey. Maybe a couple of days in Yellow stone
    August 18ish - 20 Monterey classic car week. Probably one day at Laguna seca and one day doing a round of the shows. I've got a couple of days afterwards to maybe do some of highway 1 or anything else in the area
    Wed August 24 - SFO-JFK-LHR-BRU. head to europe
    Aug 26-28 F1 Spa. Awesome
    Aug 29 - head to london
    Next two weeks I'm thinking of just spending some time in the UK. Maybe do wales then Isle of Man for Manx. The motogp is at silverstone on Sep 3 so that would be cool and I would like to get up to Edinburgh and a bit of a tour of scotland (a day doing the Evo COTY course would kinda be cool). Head south by the 9th
    Sep 10-11 Goodwood revival. Invite myself to someones couch, dress up, 2 days of racing. Awesome'
    Sep 12 - Go to stuttgart. I wasn't planning to but some flights disappeared on me and well, I'm in the family now so I just had to
    Sep 13 - Frankfurt - HKG - Home

Any volunteers for beers, spare bedrooms, general mayhem etc is most welcome. I'm expecting some of the England crew to make it to Goodwood and for the US guys, especially the socal crowd, well there's 2 1/2 weeks there you get to pick from including some proper bucket list car events.