Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Year Steam Sale

I had very few problems with Just Cause 3. It ran very well for me. Good fun while it lasted but no real drive to go back to it now.

Administrator
    Yeah, that's the other side to it. I really enjoyed JC2, but what I'm reading makes it sound like JC3 just isn't nearly as good.

At any rate, I've got Fo4 to keep me entertained right now (and Stardew Valley), so I figure by the time I'm done with those, JC3 will be cheap enough that I won't care if I only get a short amount of entertainment out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    I wanted MGS TTP (30%? is that all?) and Rise of the Tomb Raider. (currently not discounted). Will wait though, ideally looking for less than £30 for them both.
    I'm seeing that they added Rise of the Tomb Raider... currently sitting at 38.99 USD discount

Administrator
    Grabbed a few more. Had the Metro Redux pack recommended so grabbed that, Stalker: Call of Pripyat, and Epistory which so far is pretty fun, though I like typing games because I type fast.

Doom worth picking up?

Junior Potato
    Doom is fucking excellent. I've only tried the demo on PS4 but its enough for me to give it a thumbs up.

I'm a bit into E1M3 and it's great so far.

Is it just me that thinks the steam sales have got worse and worse over the years? I haven't bought a damned thing in about two years I'd reckon. You used to get amazing deals, now it just feels like the same stuff gets discounted every sale and anything anyone wants get 30% off the RRP and you can buy cheaper from a key site even after the discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Doom worth picking up?
    The game plays well and it's absolutely gorgeous. I'm running 1440p, mostly everything Ultra (AF is at 4x or 8x, I think), and it's still doing 80-100 fps. It's absolutely insanely optimized. Also, the MP feels way better than it did from the beta.

I played through much of the first mission. Part way through (after the tutorial-esque bit), some music kicks in, and it ends just perfectly. That's all I will say. It just works so well.
    Last edited by GreatScawt; June 26th, 2016 at 07:07 AM.

Administrator
    Well, I'm sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    Is it just me that thinks the steam sales have got worse and worse over the years? I haven't bought a damned thing in about two years I'd reckon. You used to get amazing deals, now it just feels like the same stuff gets discounted every sale and anything anyone wants get 30% off the RRP and you can buy cheaper from a key site even after the discount.
    I got a few things this year. 50-75% off. I'm happy with it. I still haven't played all of the ones I bought last year though... So, maybe I shouldn't buy so many anyway. /