Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016

2015: Everything I touch turns to shit.

2016: Same shit, different year.

My 2015

- Went on a Major Southwest US Trip
    Including 1700+ miles in a silver chariot, and meeting some very interesting (and friendly) people at a convention.

- Worked on a big project that showed my boss my unusual level of skill at Excel, and got me a couple trips to Charlotte.

- Saw a few of my favorite musical acts for the first time live.

- Officiated a wedding in Seattle.
    And was the photographer.
    And the DJ.
    And was paid with lapdances from a curvy Asian stripper "named" Jasmine in Portland.
    Then stopped by Nintendo of America HQ before leaving.

- Figured out the perks of a digital camera with a flash and selfie-ready flip-up screen.
    So many perks.

- Spent a lot of time at Meetup events meeting new people and making them laugh.

- Took my first pictures of a naked lady in some boudoir type shoots. Links redacted.
    Get that weak shit off my track

2015: Could've been much better, but could've been much worse.

2016: Not going to tempt fate, but hope it'll be much better.

2015:

Travel - Spent about 7 months out of the country, mainly Europe, Japan, Thailand, New Zealand. Enjoyed it but it's been a heavy load.
    Motorsport - Malaysia and Japan F1, Le Mans, Goodwood FOS. Two great events and two ticks from the bucket list.
    Health - Lost weight, stopped smoking, much fitter, huge improvement in mental state
    Cars - No accidents, no speeding tickets, sold a great car, bought a lifelong dream. Highlight of the year
    Oversharing - First threesome, woohoo

Solid 8/10 I reckon, it was the best year for some time

2016:

Everything should keep rolling, work travel should reduce a bit but have holidays booked for Bathurst 12 hour, 7 days driving in Tasmania (arguably best driving roads in the world), Bonneville speedweek/monterey classic car week/Spa F1/Manx GP/Goodwood revival. I think I'm properly on the path of maintaining my health a lot better and every morning I wake up and there's a GT4 in my carpark. Frankly, life is pretty fucking good atm.

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    - Baby on the way

... I'm tired.
    Heh, wait until it arrives, then you'll know the meaning of 'tired'.

2015:
    - Bought one car, sold, um, 4 (between the two of us, and counting the lease return).
    - Did a ton of racing stuff.
    - Went to Japan, which is something I've wanted to do for a long time (even if it was only for 3 days of business).
    - Went on a few mini-vacations with the girl.
    - We both won autox National Championships in a borrowed E92 M3.

Pretty good on the hobby/professional front. Home life needs to be better in 2016.

2015:

- miserable dead weight
    - removed miserable dead weight

2016:

- how stella got her groove back

2015 marked one of the most difficult and dark years in my life. Fuck it with a rusty buzz saw.

In March, I bought one of my subconscious dream cars, a 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera.

In April, my lifelong pet of 14 years and best buds, Maggie passed away. Still hurts to think about.

In June, my last remaining grandparent, and the one I was closest to, passed away. Still not easy.

October, my house was broken into and pretty much completely cleaned out.

November, I was notified that all of my personal information was compromised in a hack of the Office of Personell Management that happened back in April. Everything from finger prints, to education records, to my parents places of employment was compromised.

Fuck off 2015. Fuck off.

Regarding OPM, ditto. But frankly, all that data was likely out there anyways, the biggest safety barrier for people is simply population size, and being unimportant.

Right. Thebsad thing is the ONLY reason why my information was in there in the first place was because of 8 weeks of ICU clinicals.