Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016

Greg, you quit smoking and lost weight? Grats mate.

January - Started recording a stupid podcast with my former room-mate. Also started at a new "job" which has 40-mile each way commute.
    April - Minor nervous breakdown, driven by taking shit way too seriously & taking on unnecessary stress.
    March - My best friend got married to her long-term partner. Fun!
    May - Anti-Anxiety meds! Also, successfully crushed my finals and got very good assessments on the classes I was teaching.
    June/July - In the field digging square holes. Pretty productive dig, overall, and it was nice to be in the field but also able to sleep in my own bed every night. Also, new car!
    August - Took my first actual, longer than a 3-day weekend, travelling vacation since my honeymoon 8 years ago (the last one before that was in 2001, I think). A roadtrip to Indianapolis for a release event for my wife's first book, then driving around western Michigan for a few days with a stop in Chicago on the way home. It was nice, we decided to do it again in 2016.
    Late August - New semester started, got seconded to a fun class called Archaeological Field Methods, which we started planning on the first day of class.
    September - Started spending most of my weekends hell-&-gone from civilization (western & north central Kansas) with the field methods class.
    October - Best friend diagnosed with cancer.
    November - Best friend dies the day after my birthday, while I'm out in the field. Aunt diagnosed with breast cancer.
    December - Classes conclude. Aunt begins treatment, different aunt gets breast cancer diagnosis. Wife has surgery to correct minor congenital condition and is on bed rest till Jan 4.

So, a pretty mixed bag.
    2016 ought to be interesting - Have a variety of choices/options for what to do over the summer - Dependent on scheduling, I could be headed to dig in some combination of Romania, Serbia, Scotland, Alaska, Mongolia, and one of two options in Western Kansas.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    The netflix peabody countdiwn is fun. At 6pm.
    acket.

Good: went to the US for the first time in many years, ended up going 3 times (all fun)
    Bad: best mate died of brain cancer
    Unsure: made redundant, decided to retire
    2016: get my spyder, trip to South Africa, see what I can do with all my spare time. Will be unlike any other year

Junior Potato
    2016: asleep until after 3pm. Ouch.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    turned on the TV for the new year's festivities....Jenny McCarthy is on......WHY?? Then she's talking about people kissing and transmitting communicable diseases, WTF?

TV will rot your brain.

Since everyone else is saying what's happening...

2015: Still on my way to a degree in art at USC, Columbia. Discovered I really like using a lathe. Still happily married with a great dog.
    2016: Graduate in May. Hopefully get back into the workforce and begin to pay off student debt. More adventure with new canoe. Probably going to Goodwood in June.

Things are looking up.
    Last edited by Cam; January 1st, 2016 at 10:36 AM.