Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cord Cutting

That sounds amazing! Where do I sign up?!

Netflix now launching in Hong Kong. Woo-hoo?

But due to local content restrictions (i.e. local exclusivity):

- No GoT (sorry, just realised it's HBO and no Netflix anyway)
    - No Man in a High Castle (sorry, just realised it's Amazon and no Netflix anyway)
    - No House of Cards
    - No Breaking Bad, Sherlock, Walking Dead (later seasons), American Horror Story, Sons of Anarchy, New Girl

At least I can watch Marco Polo in 4K. Not that I have time to.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; January 6th, 2016 at 10:25 PM.

I am lucky* that my rent includes and great cable package. I get pretty much every channel you would want except a few. I get HBO and Showtime included. Even given that, I didn't have any access the provider based streaming, so I pay only about 13 bucks a month for the sports package (which I use heavily given all the motorsport on FS2 and CBSSN) on top of that in order to get access to the various cable on-demand through a Dish login** (HBO GO, Shotime Anytime, Watch ESPN, FoxSports Go, and more). On top of that I pay for Netflix (including a 1 disc at a time package+blu-ray), Amazon Prime*** and Hulu+****

*My rent is $1550/mo., fuck south Florida.
    **I have OpticalTel, which is just a fiber optic link to Dish Network. You do not get a dish account/login by default.
    ***I have prime more for the free two day shipping. On-Demand is a plus.
    ****I could probably get rid of Hulu+. The only thing I use it for is when I have more than two shows in a certain time slot, so my DVR can't cope. I had a free month when I got a Chromecast, and never canceled.

So in the end, I pay about $48/mo (amazon is paid once a year though). The only thing I don't have access to is Starz, Cinemax, Ad-Free Hulu and Streaming FX/FXX (Some reason this isn't available to Dish subscribers).

All of that said, I couldn't cut the cord if I didn't have included cable. I still watch a lot of network and cable shows which are hard to get right away through streamers, and I work with a bunch of people that like to talk about episodes right away.

I watch a ton of TV.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; January 6th, 2016 at 07:09 PM.

Just become anti social, it saves lots of money