Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Virtual reality is here......almost

Junior Potato
    I guess mileages vary considerably. Last year Eurogamer gave it their top spot for game of the year, and comments were split 50/50 arguing that it was a good or bad idea - probably the most polarising GOTY result anyone’s ever had. As you might’ve guessed, I’m firmly in the love-it-and-want-to-have-it’s-babies camp. I’m sorry if it didn’t have the same effect on you as it did to me.

For me, the amount of immersion I get playing it is bested only by racing simulators - both VR and flat screen. It feels like I’ve been sucked into an alternate universe and I’m there living out this wild fantasy as some sort of psychedelic Tetris legend. I guess like the movie Tron, but with more falling blocks.

I'm sure you've mentioned this, but just in case you haven't - have you played Rez Infinite?

Junior Potato
    OH YES I HAVE!

It's brilliant. I paid, like, $100 to ship the PS4 physical version from Iam8bit.

So, I got the HP Reverb recently. Holy crap Flying and racing are crazy fun with it.

It's got great resolution, but seems kinda washed out, and no mechanical adjustments for eye distance. I also order the Valve Index to try it, and I'll return whichever I don't like as much. But it's taking a while, so I might get stuck with the Reverb, which came in 3 days, so it will be too late to return it if I don't get the Index in the next two weeks.

We're not quite there yet, but we're close enough to enjoy it.