Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Virtual reality is here......almost

I've felt a bit dizzy when playing Alyx or Flight Sims, but never racing.

Administrator
    I'm fine racing forward, but if I have to reverse, I get super dizzy and can get nauseous really quickly. Of course, the way to avoid that is to not spin.

There is an exception to the racing forward part - Dirt Rally is amazing and going over jumps makes me immediately want to puke.

Racing is a convenient parallel to virtual reality: you're stuck in a chair, looking through a heavy thing sitting on your head. I have never experienced issues with VR, but have heard that, in general, racing games are one of the least likely to cause issues.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Have bought T16000.M HOTAS setup but haven't actually used it in Squadrons, because Genshin Impact.

Junior Potato
    Weeb

Well, I've finally finished the currently released storyline of Genshin Impact, so now I'll go back to Squadrons.

Just stopping by to give a shout out to Oculus support

Last month the audio in my right headphone stopped working. Opened a support ticket to see if they could offer a repair. My issue isn't uncommon, I think the audio connector within the headset strap can wear out and fail. Bear in mind my headset is 4 years 8 months old at this point and has been well used so I was very happy when they offered to RMA for gratis and send me a refurbished one in its place. Sent my original one off to them last Monday, just the headset with earphones and facial interface removed as requested. Today my refurbished one got delivered looking as good as my original one did when I first unboxed it all those years ago.

Extra bonus was that it came with a brand spanking new facial interface, great news as my original was very warn, plus connection cable and headphones (which means I now have spares of those). Top service

Got busy at work and with family stuff. Still haven't touched Squadrons since Jan. Nor have I used my rift, or my t16000m hotas setup, let alone together, even once.

Administrator
    Got an Oculus Quest 2 for my birthday. It is awfully nice to be able to use it without any wires. Unfortunately, apparently buying a game on the Oculus store for a Rift doesn't mean you bought it for the Quest, so I'm finding that I essentially have none of my library anymore. At least The Climb was free.

I did get an Oculus Link cable, that took a few tries to get working but now it works fine. Haven't tested it much, and it's impressive how much weight it adds to the whole thing. Hoping to get the Wifi "Air Link" going and see how it works with something like FS2020.

Junior Potato
    Sony unveiled specs for PSVR2 today, but didn't show off any hardware. The big deal is 2000x2040 per eye, 110 degree FOV, HDR OLED running at 120 Hz. Nice.

PlayStation VR2 headset:

Display method: OLED
    Panel resolution:​ 2000 x 2040 per eye
    Panel refresh rate​: 90Hz, 120Hz
    Lens separation:​ Adjustable
    Field of View​: Approx. 110 degrees
    Sensors: Motion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)​ Attachment Sensor: IR Proximity sensor
    Cameras:​ 4 cameras for headset and controller tracking, ​IR camera for eye tracking per eye
    Feedback​: Vibration on headset
    Communication​ with PS5: USB Type-C
    Audio​ Input: Built-in microphone
    ​Output: Stereo headphone jack
    PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers:

Buttons​:
    [Right]​ PS button, Options button, Action buttons (Circle / Cross), R1 button, R2 button, Right Stick / R3 button.
    ​[Left]​ PS button, Create button, Action buttons (Triangle / Square), L1 button, L2 button, Left Stick / L3 button
    Sensing / Tracking Motion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope + three-axis accelerometer) Capacitive Sensor: Finger Touch DetectionIR LED: Position Tracking
    Feedback: ​ Trigger Effect (on R2/L2 button), Haptic Feedback (by single actuator per unit)
    Port: USB Type-C Port
    Communication​: Bluetooth Ver5.1​
    Battery​ Type: Built-in Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery​