Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual reality is here......almost

Junior Potato
    If anyone’s not tried Tetris Effect yet there’s a limited time demo available this weekend on PS4. It’s playable in flat and VR modes.

I just tried my first real go at VR. Holy crap is it cool. GT:S, GT3 RS at the 'ring. If this is entry level VR, I can't wait until I can experience AC, iRacing, DCS, etc. with a better rig.

Junior Potato

Can you do VR and a wheel?

I do have wheel, dont have VR but got a mate who has it.

I know you can on PC, not sure about GT:S, but I don't see why not.

Junior Potato
    Yeah you can. It’s all compatible and it’s the ultimate way to do hotlapping.

There's a new Rift coming, the Rift S. It's not a Vive Pro, but rather slightly upgraded Rift. It does feature built in tracking, which is pretty cool. It'll also be priced more like the current Rift at $399.

Administrator
    I'm hesitant to call it upgraded, it really seems like a sideways move. A bit higher res, and the lenses are supposed to be better (supposedly eliminating god rays and the screen door effect, but they basically have said that about every headset that's come out so far), and the lack of required sensors is nice (and frees up at least one, likely two, possibly three USB ports). However, refresh rate drops from 90hz to 80, it goes from separate LED displays to a single LCD (which means you can no longer adjust the distance between lenses to fit with your eyes as well as meaning you don't get as dark blacks, though the Rift kinda muddies blacks anyway), and it loses the integrated audio, so you have to throw your own headphones on over the Rift S. I also hear that the inside-out tracking w/o sensors is not quite as good as the outside-in that the Rift has now, but that could just be grousing from the Oculus fanbase.

Given the price and lack of sensors, this seems like a good fit for people who don't necessarily want to invest in everything that's needed for the current Rift, but it doesn't seem at all worth it to upgrade. It does mean that we're still waiting for something more like the Vive Pro with no actual coming product in sight.

The one thing I want is one with an integrated camera on the front that you can activate by hitting a button somewhere. It'd be really nice to be able to see what's happening around you without having to take the headset off, sometimes you just want to figure out what you're bumping into and how to stop doing that.

Junior Potato
    With built-in tracking t might be a good cheap headset for racing sims, where you don’t tend to move your head as much.

If it's as accurate as the current Rift with 2 sensors then it's a great deal. Finding space for the sensors is a real pain.