Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual reality is here......almost

I think 4 of those look immediately attractive. I'm buying it mainly for EVE, but The Climb certainly looks worth it.

Junior Potato
    Apparently the pre-order rates for Gran Turismo Sport went up by over 500% on Amazon after the big PlayStation VR announcement yesterday. Not many PSVR compatible games interest me though. War Thunder is one of them, as-is Project Cars and GT Sport. I spied SW Battlefront III VR Experience (whatever that is… :/) in the games list as well.

Of the games I mentioned, the only one I don't already own is GT Sport.

But am I really that interested in a peripheral set that costs more than an entire PS4 console and has limited use? And makes you look like a giant dork? Time will tell.

Dork, well, anyone playing video/computer games looks dorky anyway. Save maybe for Rock Band. Wait, no. I guess that's arguable.

The other arguments against buying it are better. I'll have a Rift anyway #pcmasterrace

My Rift arrived yesterday. First impressions were very positive before I ran into a problem updating the sensor firmware after an update to the Oculus app. Didn't have any problem wearing it with my glasses (which are within the size guidelines issued by Oculus) The first few experiences you get once the setup has completed will probably stay with me for quite some time.

Nice. I hadn't thought about using it with glasses. Do you lose any detail on your peripheral vision? I'm not sure how wide the field of view is with the Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenb View Post
    My Rift arrived yesterday. First impressions were very positive before I ran into a problem updating the sensor firmware after an update to the Oculus app. Didn't have any problem wearing it with my glasses (which are within the size guidelines issued by Oculus) The first few experiences you get once the setup has completed will probably stay with me for quite some time.
    So, you jacked it a few times?

^^^Not sure I understand what you're getting at YW but that T-Rex is pretty scary!

In other news, this VR thing is truly remarkable. I've spent the last 4-5 hours in Project CARS and Assetto Corsa. The biggest grin on my face the whole time Videos will never even come close to doing this justice. You have to try one for yourself.

Stephen: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/03/26

Still waiting, mine should be here in a few weeks.

Ah, OK. They seem to be delivering a week or two ahead of schedule at the moment so shouldn't be long for you to wait.