Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mad Max (2015)

Thanks for the heads up on this game Novi, I was not aware of it. Found it on Amazon for $27 yesterday so ordered it!

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Just bought this a few days ago, as was finally cheap enough. Haven't played yet, so not sure why i posted in here.

Thanks for the update.

Fricking love this game.

Some of the best weather effects i've ever seen. Obviously no rain (so far), but the wind blows the dust around, wind causes mini dust swirls/storms (car/truck sized), the first game i've ever seen (aside from SimCity) with tornados - which actually do lift your car off the ground and throw you around, and then of course there are the frigging awesome random storms;

I spend a lot of time mucking around (as i do in pretty much every open world game) and soaking it all it. Really don't want this game to end.

Some reviewers have said it's a bit empty feeling with not a lot going on - but come on, its post apocalyptic (or post global warming? ) so naturally wildlife, and human activity is going to be scarce. I think it actually adds to the game. I often just park up on a ledge or something and watch the Ai baddies hoon around in their vehicles, watch the big dust clouds created by fuel etc convoys (thats impressive in itself) and enjoy the ever changing sky etc.

Sometimes games just need to be absorbed and not played. Why does everything have to revolve around doing something? I do the same in GTA, Fallout, Far Cry, Red Dead Redemption and so on. Try it one day; park up/ride up/walk up/whatever up somewhere and... just watch. Watch the wolves hunt the deer in Red Dead Redemption. Watch the citizens in GTA. Watch the deathclaws stalk the land in Fallout. Watch people getting mauled by animals in Far Cry.

Anyway, back to Mad Max. I also chase tornados when i see them. Not sure why.

9/10 for me so far.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; December 5th, 2016 at 01:54 PM.

It's a gem.

Three years later i'm still playing this game, and it's still a 9/10... (lack of ammo and guns is a downer, since you generally only find one bullet at a time).

Mainly haven't finished it because i *still* don't want it to end, so i move onto other games for six months or more, then come back to it again, then repeat the process. Just started playing it again yesterday and it still looks bloody awesome. I've still never seen another game which has such cool weather/lighting/cloud effects. Others have come close, but since they are usually in a less apocalyptic setting (aside from Fallout) they still aren't the same.

It's cheap enough now, so if there are still some of you out there who play games for the experience/weather effects/random openworldyness stuff, then give this a go. Go in with no expectations/no comparisons with other games and you may enjoy it more.

Gutted there has been no sequel to it or the movie so far though.