Thread: Shield Consoles

Shield Consoles

Has anyone got one? Do they let you play games from your PC on your TV? Or just PC games on the GRID service?
    Last edited by LHutton; January 17th, 2016 at 09:06 AM.

It will stream games from your PC to your TV and from GRID, which is now called GeForce Now, to the TV.

https://shield.nvidia.com/android-tv

https://shield.nvidia.com/android-tv...roku-vs-firetv
    Get that weak shit off my track

In order to stream from my PC, does my PC need its own wireless, or can it stream via a wireless hub that it's wired to (Ethernet cable)?
    Last edited by LHutton; January 18th, 2016 at 10:39 AM.

My assumption is you just need to be on the same network. My suggestion is for you to read up on it and find out.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Try one of the links on this page.

^
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    I've done some reading and it seems you can if you have an NVidia GTX GPU, 600 series or later.

Well it works.

I will be looking at a different living situation in 3-4 months, and I want to be able to stream TV-friendly PC games downstairs to a 4K TV. The newest revision of the Shield allows for higher resolution streaming. If I understand this correctly, as long as I have a badass router I should be able to stream PC games at 1440p no problem.

Plus, the Shield having access to basically all good major streaming apps and being able to side-load Kodi is putting it at the top for me as a TV/movie streamer.

Anyone have thoughts or experiences since?
    Last edited by GreatScawt; May 1st, 2017 at 08:41 AM.

Administrator
    I am way late to this party, but picked up a Shield TV after realizing that the Steam Link function built into my TV didn't play nice with DirectX 12 and there was no plan to update it.

I kinda wish I'd gotten it in the first place rather than a Chromecast/Roku. Does everything the Roku does only way faster, has a decent graphics chip built in, handles streaming at 4K over Wifi perfectly, and has Chromecast built in.

Nvidia's done a really crap job of advertising the thing, it's checking off a lot of boxes I've had for years.