Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Civic is dead. Long Live the Civic.

The Civic is dead. Long Live the Civic.

The Honda oF Doom is no more.

As mentioned elsewheres.... Some asshole in a Jeep JK pulled out blindly in front of us on a fairly busy 80 kph road. I had maybe 4 car lengths to make a decision, noticed there was no opposing traffic at that very moment, so I headed for the ditch on the opposing side. For some reason, his response, after being stopped basically dead center of my lane, was to creep FURTHER forward into the opposing lane. So instead of missing him and just ditching it, he bork'd us.

With the exception of being rear-ended gently at a stop light a couple years ago, this my first-ever accident, of any kind. Having raced cars since I was 12, I'm used to wrecks, so it didn't phase me at all. Other than wanting to kill the fucker, I was fine. BUT, Tara is still recovering from the severe concussion she suffered in that rear-ending. So I was completely shit-fucked terrified for her, as her head is now as fragile as a Faberge egg. Had I been alone in the car the situation wouldn't have bothered me nearly as much.

Poor little Honda. She took us on a 2-week, 8000+ km tour of the Canadian Maritimes without so much as a puff of smoke. RIP.

Now back on track. A five year old Civic may not seem like a big deal to most, but it's the first car made in the 21st century that I've owned. And it's very low mileage (70,000 km) and very, very nice. 2010 LX Sport. A small advantage to my biggest customer also being a car dealer.

It has a leather-wrapped steering wheel! A moonroof! And heated mirrors! WTF are those!? I can't even.

, then

Heated mirrors are the bomb-diggety (the kids still say that, right?). I miss my heated mirrors.
    Whoomah!

Heated mirrors are better than a rear window defroster.

The gauges auto-dimming at night when I turn the headlights on may be mankind's greatest achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    The gauges auto-dimming at night when I turn the headlights on may be mankind's greatest achievement.

Nice replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Heated mirrors are the bomb-diggety (the kids still say that, right?). I miss my heated mirrors.
    Why would you need heated mirrors?

To dry off his beach towels.
    Get that weak shit off my track

So that I can see behind me?
    Whoomah!

We used heated mirrors when it snows to melt the snow/ice on our mirrors, as a Californian we assume that is not an issue for you.
    Get that weak shit off my track