Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pointless R/C Car Thread

I like others here, mostly own RC cars because I couldn't afford them when I was a kid.

Which is probably why I am better at buying them, than building or using them ... that, and the minor detail that my 1/1 scale car racing kills all my time

Hornet 4 LYF3

I don't think I've ever driven a Hornet. Most of my friends had Frog-based vehicles, like the Frog, Blackfoot, and Monster Beetle. Those things were a handful with their wacky rear suspension - I think a Hornet was even more primitive? I don't really remember. It was always fun racing my Boomerang against them as the 2WD cars were much, much faster in a straight line but spent a lot more time facing the wrong way or, worse, meeting curbs. I remember when the first guy I knew showed up with an RC10 and just killed us.

I have plenty time for building in the evening - and I'd really look forward to it. It really is the driving time I probably won't have. During the daylight, I invariably have better things to do.

Somewhere in my parent's attic is my Traxxas Hawk. The most fun was taking it to the local BMX track.

The Hornet was probably the most basic of the lot, but it LOOKED FUCKING AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    The Hornet was probably the most basic of the lot, but it LOOKED FUCKING AWESOME.
    True DAT!

Did it?

On a retro tip, I was always fond of the Midnight Pumpkin, which appears is still available.

Not a great drive, but certainly fun to look at.

Of course it did! ANYTIME, BABY!!