Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean? WTF?!

Thanks Obama!

Stephen Arrington got his pardon. , good for him. I met him last summer and listened to him give a lengthy presentation about his journey from jail to the extensive third world charity work he does now.

Arrington was the fall guy in the DeLorean cocaine bust. He drove the cocaine from Florida to California and was arrested when he got there. He refused to testify against anyone and was convicted despite DeLorean getting off because of the entrapment actions of the government.

I have a signed copy of his book. The thing should really be optioned into a movie, he's one of those Forrest Gump kind of guys. Navy SEAL, worked for Jacques Cousteaus company as a diver, was a firefighter, etc.

Here is an old article about him: https://www.newsreview.com/chico/fro...nt?oid=4326059

From my understanding, up to this point, he's one of the first significant drug related pardons ever. The chances of him getting a pardon was an incredible longs shot, but with Obama handing them out to traitors and murders like candy he managed to snag one. I'll have to drop him a note.

His book:
    https://www.amazon.com/DeLoreans-Sha...dp/0979957567/

Oh hey, missed that note above -- yeah that's a lovely build. Understandable that it's fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Thanks Obama!

Stephen Arrington got his pardon. , good for him. I met him last summer and listened to him give a lengthy presentation about his journey from jail to the extensive third world charity work he does now.

Arrington was the fall guy in the DeLorean cocaine bust. He drove the cocaine from Florida to California and was arrested when he got there. He refused to testify against anyone and was convicted despite DeLorean getting off because of the entrapment actions of the government.

I have a signed copy of his book. The thing should really be optioned into a movie, he's one of those Forrest Gump kind of guys. Navy SEAL, worked for Jacques Cousteaus company as a diver, was a firefighter, etc.

Here is an old article about him: https://www.newsreview.com/chico/fro...nt?oid=4326059

From my understanding, up to this point, he's one of the first significant drug related pardons ever. The chances of him getting a pardon was an incredible longs shot, but with Obama handing them out to traitors and murders like candy he managed to snag one. I'll have to drop him a note.
    Maybe one of the few pardons, but Obama's commuted or reduced sentences on plenty of drug dealers and gang bosses (like this guy). Those are the typical 'non-violent drug offenders' in federal prison that the leftists like to champion.

No more news about the 'New DeLorean' yet.

Looks like they're not going to hit that 2017 production date.

Duh.

Been wanting to make a chart like this for a while but found one while reading:

DeLorean DMC-12- 130hp / 2712lbs = 20.86lbs per hp
    Maserati Merak- 180hp / 3200lbs = 17.78lbs per hp
    Chevrolet Corvette- 190hp/ 3307lbs = 17.41lbs per hp
    Ferrari Mondial- 205hp / 3500lbs = 17.07lbs per hp
    Datsun 280Z Turbo- 180hp / 2960lbs = 16.44lbs per hp
    Ferrari 308- 205hp / 3320lbs = 16.20lbs per hp
    Porsche 911SC- 172hp / 2700lbs = 15.70lbs per hp
    Porsche 928- 220hp / 3351lbs = 15.23lbs per hp

I need to expand it to include cars with a higher ratio to complete the picture though.

So what you're saying is, the Delorean was a dog?

You'll note it's (statedly incomplete) data with no argument advanced.
    Last edited by dodint; December 3rd, 2017 at 09:16 AM.

What about the Porsche 914/6?
    -Formerly Stabulator

It wasn't a contemporary, but would slot in like this:

Porsche 914/6- 106hp / 2171lbs = 20.48lbs per hp

Could also be noted that if I buy one now and fit it with the DMCH Stage 2 motor upgrade I would be getting this from an naturally aspirated motor:

DeLorean DMC-12- 197hp / 2712lbs = 13.77lbs per hp

But that isn't really use as to the contemporary comparison, just illustrates what 35 years of tech and a healthy aftermarket can do.