Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean? WTF?!

I haven't been paying attention, but has anyone put an LS in one yet?

Get that weak shit off my track

I assumed he was being facetious; but if not earlier on the page I mention that I've had dinner with the owner of that particular car and have seen it in person. Very impressive project, he was doing it as part of his college engineering capstone project. There is an LS4 and an LS1 DMC out there that are completely done and running fine, and a bunch of people trying to follow in their footsteps.

I've also seen a 2JZ swap in person which looks super clean given how small that motor is and how wide the engine bay is.

Read something recently that I guess is obvious but I never knew; the PRV6 engine was selected in part because the angle of the cylinders is broader than most V6s, it allows the V6 to sit low enough in the engine bay for the drivers view not be obstructed out of the back, which makes the LS swaps even more impressive. The oil pan for the LS swaps looks precariously low, to me.

I for real didn't know. That's awesome.

Not my cup of tea but I admire the work. I think when you drop an LS into a DMC the narrative shifts from "Oh, a DMC, interesting car" to "Oh, an LS, neat." It works in DMC circles because you need that variance to stand out, but if I'm driving a car that most people might see only once in their lives at a gas station or something I think the LS just really muddles things (if they notice at all).

I'm firmly in the 'build up the PRV6' camp, myself. I in no way denigrate anyone else's efforts with their motor swaps, though.

I'm going to try to work out a deal with the seller of this car: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-DeLore...I/142626650053

If it works out I'll go pick it up on New Years weekend.

The car is exceptional. I've found a good bit of information online about it and talked with some people that have inspected it in person but are not affiliated with the seller (a prior owner was active in the Long Island area DMC club chapter).

If you made a list of 50 things I want to do with a DMC over my ownership, this car has about 45 of them already. The biggest being the Stage II motor/exhaust work which gets the horsepower close to 200, a $9k upgrade at the time. All the work was done by DMC Houston.

Partial list:

New seat covers and carpet
    New fuel pump/fuel accumlator/ rebuilt fuel distributor / integrated pump with sender / flushed tank
    new brake calipers, ss lines and rotors
    new clutch and clutch ss hose and slave cylinder
    prem relay kit
    Powder coated wheels and new tires
    All grounds checked
    140 amp alternator
    new shift bushings
    New radiator
    LED door lights
    Fascias repainted
    New window motors r and L
    Bluetooth stereo

Other than having the late flat hood w/stuck on logo it has everything I want and most of the things I wanted to add. Even the interior colors are right.

Going to make my offer on Friday and hope we can come to an agreement.

Wow very cool!

I look forward to reading your Bring-A-Trailer sales post in a year!

hah.

BaT hates DMCs, but ISWYDT.

I've been wringing my hands about this car a little because it was sold in 2012, 2014, 2016, and now 2018. So you just landed a dart right in my heart, man.

I kid, I kid.

Looks absolutely perfect. Previous owners are looking at it like a flipper car, sounds like.

Oh, Carlo, and anyone else that might care.

Delorean Convention and Show is being held about an hour north west of Chicago in August of 2018, in St. Charles, IL. I will probably go either way, if we wanted to try and organize a little group meet up.