Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 6: Android Wear 1 Hour of Daytona - Wednesday, February 10th

I did some testing, and at first my favorite car was the M3 GT2, then I realized it wasn't eligible

Then I jumped into the Viper and was instantly like 4 second faster than anything else. Then I realized it had the restrictor removed

All the cars I tested were pretty equal. The Audi was the easiest to drive fast, but lap times were mediocre. The Vette was fast in a straight line and could take the kink flat, but surprisingly didn't put up great lap times. The Viper was a nice balance of speed, handling and drive-ability. The Bentley was definitely the fastest for me, but difficult to drive. Still need to test the Lambo and Z4. Am I forgetting anything?

I haven't gone through and made a list that includes the DLC, but from checking the original car list:

2014 Audi LMS Ultra
    2014 Bentley Continental GT3
    2014 BMW Z4 GTE
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
    2014 Dodge Viper GTS-R
    2014 Ferrari 458 Italia GTE (GTA only)
    2011 Ferrari F458 Italia GTC (GTA only)
    2011 Mclaren 12C GT3
    2014 McLaren 12C GT3
    2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
    2014 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
    2013 Viper GTS-R

Our testing that showed they were quite close was done at Laguna Seca, COTA and...I forget where else. It is possible that the Bentley is significantly faster on Daytona with the huge long straights...
    Last edited by Kchrpm; February 5th, 2016 at 07:46 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

McLaren, Mercedes, Ferrari...

Just as a side note... The 12 hours of Bathurst (with GT-3 cars) is this weekend.

Ah yeah, the McLaren and Mercedes. I ignored the Ferrari because of the rules, but maybe I'll check it out anyway.

I was actually a mph or two faster in the Vette than the Bentley going into turn 1. And I had to lift for the Kink in the Bentley, so I don't know where it make up it's time.

The Bentley has massive power, but also massive drag. My guess is that it kicks ass between 100 and 150, but that big face slows it down on the way to peak velocity.

Yeah, sounds about right.

The only car you are missing from the list is the 2014 Lamborghin Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo.

I'm thinking of using it just for the sound.

I had it, and then removed it. They are in a one-make series and I couldn't remember how they lined up with the rest of the cars in testing.

Running a full length test, the Vette stumbled as it accelerated out of the back straight chicane and onto the banking on lap...17. This poses some questions:

1) Is the fuel consumption rate nearly identical for all race cars? Dependent on horsepower, or some other factor?
    2) Can you save fuel by short shifting and coasting into turns, or is the fuel use rate not that dynamic?
    3) If you CAN save fuel, how slow will you have to go to get a whole extra lap out of a tank? Will you be fast enough to catch the people that make two stops?
    4) Should I just make it 32 laps and render the discussion moot?