Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Forza 6: Android Wear 1 Hour of Daytona - Wednesday, February 10th

I hope this shows up, did some Livery work and some testing. Managed 17 laps before fuel ran out.

Spoiler:

The Lambo measures up very favorably.
    Last edited by racerfink; February 5th, 2016 at 09:35 PM.

The image does work for me I would work on a new, fancier paintjob, but I like the one I'm running so much. I actually recreated the logo for her profile page.

Does the Lambo measure up in a "it's too fast" way? On my lap 35 lap race again all Modern GT cars on Unbeatable, most of the cars were near each other in best lap times, except for the ones that weren't eligible (the 2000s cars and the new Super GT Nissan), and one of the Bentleys was about 2 seconds from the rest of the group as well. The post-race screen didn't show the best lap or overall times, though, so I couldn't screen cap them. I'm a little nervous, but hesitant to make any changes just based on what the AI does with all aids on.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ha, the sim league opening up tomorrow: R, under 880, >2010, Modern GT. I'll be pretty busy this week

Talking to racerfink, he said in his testing with prototypes that fuel mileage barely changes with you driving style, but we also realized this distance works out if you need to make an unplanned stop. As long as you can make it two laps into your first or second stint, you can pit for damage or whatever and still make the end of the race with only 2 stops.

And if one person wants to be super brave and test out their coasting skills, I'm eager to see how it works out

Other notes from racerfink's testing: the Bentley is the fastest by a nice margin but squirrely, and the Viper and Lamborghinis are slightly ahead of the pack. I'm torn on if I want to include the AWD Lambos, but if someone really wants to drive one and nothing else I'll likely allow it. I don't want someone stuck in a car they don't like for an hour.

Haven't driven the Lambo (or restricted Ferrari) yet, but I drove everything else and they were all with in a second or two

I was most consistent in the Viper, and I love me some Vipers, so I took it. It was probably third or 4th best lap time, but best average for me as I can be pretty inconsistent in my driving.

Ugh, if you're using a Viper, I guess I'll change my car choice

Did 50 laps of testing with racerfink tonight and learned some important things that are going to make minor changes to the regulations.

First off, fuel mileage. It is not consistent between vehicles. The highest and lowest consumption cars we tested were the Ferraris and the Vipers, respectively.

Ferrari = 6.8% of fuel per lap = 238% over 35 laps
    Most other cars = ~6% of fuel per lap = 210% over 35 laps
    Viper = 5.5% of fuel per lap = 192.5% over 35 laps (it would be the only car that could 1-stop the race)

So instead of shortening the race so that it's a 1-stop length for all cars (the Ferrari could just barely make 28 laps), I'm just making 2-stops mandatory. With significant aero damage still causing a considerable loss of top speed (I lost 15 mph during a test with some psycho AI), this will keep the pit stop flexibility I discussed earlier.

Second off, lap speed. In our previous testing, the Ferraris were consistently faster than everything else, but at Daytona it just doesn't seem to be the case. So the Ferrari is no longer relegated to GTA only!
    Last edited by Kchrpm; February 7th, 2016 at 05:57 AM.

Tested the 2011 Merc SLS AMG this morning. 17.5 laps to a tank, 1:47.9. Does about 183 before getting on the brakes for T1, but doesn't seem to pull hard off the infield corners.

Quote Originally Posted by racerfink View Post
    Tested the 2011 Merc SLS AMG this morning. 17.5 laps to a tank, 1:47.9. Does about 183 before getting on the brakes for T1, but doesn't seem to pull hard off the infield corners.

I won't even tell you guys about my test times. Oh boy.