Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Oh well, what doesn't kill you, will only make your hands, feet and mouth stronger! Take care of yourselves!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I feel like things aren't calming down yet in HK

YW thought it should be fine earlier on... anything changed?

I get the feeling this will never completely settle down, but tourists probably won’t be affected too much?

Just steer clear of demonstrators!

Just avoid areas where things are likely to kick-off. The "demonstration/rally/march" programs are all widely circulated and reported, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Got a wedding in Bandung Indonesia mid October so going to head over for that and then up to Singapore/JB for half a week to see girlfriends family. Should be a bit of fun because its a bit off the beaten track and with locals so I'm hoping for lots of good food in dodgy places. We'll be in JB from October 15

Also have to go across to Belgium for a week in September, that's for work and involves having to spend time with Belgians so will be a lot less fun. Should be good food though, I'll give the Belgians that.

And heading home from Johannesburg on Friday, managed to get through this trip without getting shot which is definately good.

Weekend after that we're heading down to Melbourne to see Mr Tim and hit the bars and cafes. Looking forward to that as I haven't seen Tim for a couple of years.

Oh yeah, beginning of October we've also got a weekend up at the hunter (wine region north of sydney) staying in a villa thing with indoor and outdoor spa bath and fireplace. Girlfriend has organised it for my birthday and I have a sneaking suspicion she's also organised a helicopter ride.

I was meant to be cutting down on travel, that hasn't worked so well.

I am jealous of all the travel you’re doing but certainly not the plane ride..., but then again, maybe it’d be okay traveling business or 1st class all the time...

Looking fwd to traveling via Elon musks BFR... anywhere around the world in about 30 min!!!

Anyway, just here to ask YW about Hong Kong. Should mr2 cancel/delay his travel to HK now? Situation isn’t looking good from outside... protesters blocking travelers in airport now?!?!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Sadly I already cancelled, due to several factors, not just the protests....planning to maybe visit the Philippines in November to see my fiancee.

Ok. Yeah, probably a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I am jealous of all the travel you’re doing but certainly not the plane ride..., but then again, maybe it’d be okay traveling business or 1st class all the time...
    The return flight from Melbourne to sydney will be in economy. First flight in maybe 300 hours in the back of the bus but luckily its only an hour long.

Aw, poor guy. I feel so sorry for you... Okay, now I can feel better!

I can only afford to travel by car at the moment... imagining that I'm traveling to the Galaxy's Edge and the moon of Endor! CA is amazingly Star Warsy! Unfortunately I couldn't find any hover bikes nor the Millennium Falcon.

GE.jpgendor.jpg
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 13th, 2019 at 12:27 PM.