Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Greg, we'll be in Osaka for a few days in late Feb/early March. A friend said he heard it's worth going to Shikoku. Being next to Kobe etc. also doesn't hurt. Are you aware of any car rental places that rent fun cars? I found a place which has an old RX7 and Legacy Touring Wagons (which cost more than the RX7 for some reason). If not, I can always just rent a Levorg from Nippon again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Greg, we'll be in Osaka for a few days in late Feb/early March. A friend said he heard it's worth going to Shikoku. Being next to Kobe etc. also doesn't hurt. Are you aware of any car rental places that rent fun cars? I found a place which has an old RX7 and Legacy Touring Wagons (which cost more than the RX7 for some reason). If not, I can always just rent a Levorg from Nippon again.
    Hmm, in terms of fun car the closest in my little list of links is Omoshiro which have an office in wakayama which is still a few hours from Osaka in kinda the wrong direction but in the direction of interesting stuff. Upside, they do have a WRX which would appeal

https://www.omoren.com/en/shop/detail/4

I'll poke for things closer to Osaka butif you're talking just one day I reckon the area around wakayama is also a good choice.

Sounds good! I think we'll probably spend a day or so around Osaka itself. We've been to Kyoto before but admittedly I had to spend 80% of the time working, so maybe we should go there for a day. Then perhaps explore Shikoku/Wakayama by car for the remaining 1-2 days?

A Levorg isn't too bad a choice, given that I spent around a week in one in Hokkaido (where I had to work for around 60% of the time).

We'd go to Hakone as we can get some great machinery in Tokyo, but we can only get away in late Feb/early Mar and our mate who lives in Tokyo most of the time said most of the passes would probably be closed and/or covered with snow.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I need to give Osaka another chance...went for a few days a couple of years ago, but I dunno, just enjoyed Tokyo a lot more.

Osaka is all about the food, it's noticeably better than tokyo for the same money, particularly at the everyday eating out price point. Tokyo is still better than Osaka at the extreme top end of the scale but that starts getting seriously expensive. The people there are also a bit more casual and have a bit more of a sense of humour, this kinda makes them it little bit less 'japanese' as they're not quite as they're a little bit more similar to what westerners are used to so that kind of detracts as well.

Never ever been to Japan yet..., hopefully someday soon...

So there's a good chance I might need to pop over to Maryland (Sparks to be exact, looks like a happening town) for the week of January 13. Kinda annoying as we're settling on the new house on the 17th, need to be moved in by the end of the 22nd (as we're going to singapore the morning of the 23rd) and it will take a couple of days to get home but its an interesting trip which actually might be near someone. Looking at the flights I think I can also get in on saturday night which leaves the chance that I would be able to drive down to the Smithsonian on the Sunday which would be a big tick on one of my longest standing bucket list items so that would be a good bonus.

So, anyone close? Anything I should know about the area?

We’re drinking in Hong Kong. The bar team from old man have sent our photos through to Singapore because we’re travelling there next. We’ve lost YW.

Huh? What do you mean?

It means girlfriend and I are drinking in hong kong