Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Actually, we've sort of decided that I'm going to do LASIK and then we'll go to Hakone in mid-November. Watch this space.

P.S. Kids' school fees are... yeah.

Administrator
    Tomorrow morning I head to Tel Aviv for business. It'll be my first real business trip, I'm discounting a previous one to Provo to help pack boxes in a warehouse.

It's kinda nervewracking. First trip to a country where the native language can't be puzzled out at all. First one where I have to not appear to be incompetent. First one in a long time without my wife.

I hope it's not too humid.

Near 60% humidity, says google.
    Whoomah!

Going to Kyoto instead, since LASIK means no hot springs for 3 months.

Have fun, Tom! Take pics!

I'm flying out to Cancún, MX with my wife & the Boy on Saturday for the week. Should be a fun time. #seaturtles

I'm in need of some winter travel ideas. Budget is limited until end of year though, when I pay off my credit card debts. Thinking something "big" late in winter?

I do have southwest miles for something "cheap" sooner, though.

The Boy has been pretty good on the trip so far. Currently sitting in the first plane of our journey out of Chicago.

Next stop: Dallas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I'm in need of some winter travel ideas. Budget is limited until end of year though, when I pay off my credit card debts. Thinking something "big" late in winter?

I do have southwest miles for something "cheap" sooner, though.
    Recently my evening cocktails have been leaning towards the classics like Sazerac, Vieux Carre, La Louisiane etc so my vote would be New Orleans.

Administrator
    Almost halfway through my trip. It is very humid.

Likewise!

Cancún is pretty much a hotel-driven environment. We're staying at an Air BnB house where we can pull our rental car into the gated walls each night and not worry about damage or theft, but our surrounding neighborhood is relatively middle class-to-poor.

I haven't seen any sketchy characters but then we have a toddler so we're in for the night around 5-6 PM at the latest. #shrug

Lots of heavily armed local & Federal police driving around. We went to Playa del Delphines today through the hotel zone and the only people I saw being hassled by the cops were Mexicans driving beat-up shitboxes. I felt pretty safe in the rental back there, as I imagine we're just more hotel tourists to them.

That will change tomorrow! We're heading to Chichen Itza along the toll road, and a rental car can make us a target for being hassled. #fingerscrossed