Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Going to London for the weekend and UK immigration had a moan about space left in my passport. Problem is I go back to Belgium Sunday night ( another stamp), Sweden on Monday to Thursday (no stamps but must carry passport), Belgium Friday and Saturday, back to aus landing Monday morning (exit Europe stamp) and Thursday fly to Japan (big arse sticker). I don’t have enough time to get a new passport, even an expedited one, and have to hope Japan will be happy with an almost big enough for their stamp hole on page 20 and trying to move a trip to Thailand from the week I get back from Japan to the week after.

So in the one hand a bit of a stress but on the other I’ve completely filled a passport in just over 7 years even though a lot of my trips don’t get stamps any more (NZ, Hong Kong, intra europe, Singapore). That’s kinda cool.

Impressive.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I think people can get some kind of extra page add-on for passports if they require that many stamps

US has an extra pages thing, apparently very quick and easy to do especially at an embassy, unfortunately Australia doesn’t allow that. I should be ok but if I had’ve known I’d have the extra trip to Thailand a couple of weeks back this weekend in London would’ve been a weekend in Rome and kept it all in the schengen zone.

I ended up getting a bit stressed about it so booked in to submit my renewal monday afternoon when I get back (we’ve got this annoying system where we have to submit at a post office and make an appointment). Then I tried to print off the renewal forms and now to get them you have to put in passport details to get the renewal form and it didn’t like something and has locked me out. So Monday morning I land from a 25 hour trip, have to get hair cut, get new passport photos, get international driving permit, get my passport ‘account’ unlocked, visit parents, get to office, fill out forms and be at the post office at 2:30pm to submit them to ask for an express passport I can pick up on Thursday before going to the airport.

Brussels exit stampy lady told me I needed to get it renewed and then stamped my passport so the only thing visible is a rough outline of the stamp and a single digit ‘3’. Kind of annoying that I’m stressing about getting to Japan on Thursday all because my passport is full of stamps which the people doing the stamping clearly don’y Give a fuck about.

In other travel news, I might need to pop into Thailand on the way home from Japan (another reason why I’m trying to renew the passport) and it looks like I’ll need to go to Seoul for 3-4 weeks once thats done. I think it’s going to be one of those years

Tough life, bro.

Does it make it sound better if I explain I had to endure business class on an Emirates 777 from Brussels to Dubai before an entirely more pleasant Qantas first class flight from Dubai to Sydney. That first leg was proper tough.

Meanwhile, the rest of us pleebs are riding cattle-class.

'Endure' business class. That's gold, Jerry!

I don't understand how he even bothers to get out of bed when he knows that he's only flying Business Class that day. Wtf.