Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Just got home from a 4,200 mile road trip to Nova Scotia and Southern Ontario. Now I have "dock rock" from being in the car for fourteen hours today.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Dock rock? Is that like having piles?

Yes, but only a little at a time.

Too much of a stretch?

Have to admit I can't even begin to imagine what dock rock is. Unless you meant dick rot. And that sounds like something you need to see a doctor about quickly.

Finally starting to confirm my next few months. I'll be in Tokyo June 2-10 and then Seoul until July 21 where I'll have a quick weekend in Tokyo before heading home. I'm tying to stay home for August and then September in Europe.

Dock rock is a sailing term. People often get it when they have been on the water for an extended period of time. When they get back to solid ground, it feels like things are still moving. I even felt a bit dizzy.

Administrator
    It's the worst. I went out sailing for a couple of hours and then spent the next two days feeling like the world was swaying.

Ahhhhhh, yep, I know that

That’s what I have, 4 day cruise and 2 days of swaying!

September Europe trip is pretty much planned now. After a week in Gent Belgium for work I pick up a car in Brussels for the following Europe road trip - Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Venice, Bologna, Cinque Terre (Riomaggiore), Swiss alps, Lyon. In terms of driving I’ll be able to do Grossglockner Hochslpenstrasse in Austria, Dolomites in Italy and San Bernardino, Splugen, Susten, Grimsel, fluela in Swiss alps. I was hoping to do route napoleon this trip but just not too be. Got some pretty sweet accom lined up with the one I’m looking forward to most (knock on wood) being in Riomaggiore where we’re just outside the town and right on the coast so we can walk down to the rocks for a swim and have a big verandah where we can knock back aperol spritz’s while watching the sun set into the med. Awesome.

I've recently been in Golden, Colorado on a dig. Back there on Thursday for another week, then back to my normal haunts of western and central Kansas for the rest of the summer.
    -Formerly Stabulator