Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Oh yes. Again, tons of stuff cancelled. F&B and hospitality are really suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    https://amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-cases-doxxing

"More than 70 per cent of cases involve police officers and their families, including threats against their children."

Is there a ‘South Hong Kong Morning post’ to confirm the story?

IMHO, police and Carrie Lam should just quit and let the Chinese government take over completely or demand that they be given the authority to negotiate with these violent protesters.

If this is truly going to be 1 country 2 systems, why can’t HK have democracy in their system? If China wish to eliminate these violent protesters, they go ahead and kill them themselves.

Of course China is being smart. Stubbornly refuse too give in to their demands and then have Carrie Lam and HK police be the eventual butchers... any humanitarian issues, it’ll be on Carrie lam’s hands.... or allow the violence to continue to escalate and thus make butchering them more justifiable.

Anyway, feel sad and bad for HK. Also whatever happened, we can probably expect the same to happen to Taiwan... Americans obviously won’t openly stand with you guys. NBA is kneeling to the Chinese govt. Even trump is afraid to tweet anything about it. No established US politicians will ever dare standing publically against Chinese communists. At most CIA will just covertly supply guns NRA couldn’t sell to HK terrorists group to mess with China...

I don’t condone the violence part, but I do applaud those in HK who are still peacefully protesting. May God have mercy and be with them...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 12th, 2019 at 10:02 AM.

Get some fucking context before making moronic and flippant comments. No wonder the Politics thread is in the state it's in.

What did I say that’s So out of context?

Stupid shit like making up the name of a non-existent newspaper for no fucking reason whatsoever, particularly when the Privacy Commissioner undisputedly issued the notice: https://www.pcpd.org.hk/english/news..._20190904.html

In doing so, you have revealed the shallowness of your thinking, as well as the extent of your desire to just stir shit up for no reason whatsoever. I'm not going to deploy any more brain cells discussing these topics with you.

In the US, in general, I don’t trust FOX news, our media can be severely right or sometimes even left leaning. I guess media outlets in China is always unbiased. In authoritarian regimes, fake news isn’t allowed I guess?

Not saying there are no police and their family members threatened..., but what about the opposite side? China would also never run tanks over those people?

That’s why I would not just take news from any media with China as its name. I can’t help but feel it’s spewing biased BS.

If anyone dare criticize the authoritarian regime, he or she would disappear. Just as Houston Rockets and the entire NBA!

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion...ests-they-must

Okay, my bad, upon further reading more of south China’s morning post, I guess it’s not really as biased as I originally thought. I initially thought this alibaba owned media must be more pro China leaning...

Anyway, regardless, HK will implode soon if people can’t find a middle compromise between angry mob and the authorities...

Ah, fortunately I am back in The Best Country In The World for a few days!

Got back from the Bandung, Indonesia and Johor Bahru, Malaysia trip this afternoon. A few observations

The traffic is worse in Indonesia than anywhere else in the world. Except maybe Indiea. That makes it really bd.
    The food, hmm, it wasn’t that good in the local places. Decent, but no real highlights.

JB. YW would understand this, fuck yeah, the Malaysians know food.

Best meal was otak and mee siam for breakfast. Not just any old otak places but the best otak i the world. Complex fishy goodness with a perfect charcoal overtone, absolutely the best thing I ate in the few weeks away. If youre ever in JB YW hit me up and I’ll send you a google maps link. Best thing, the locals know but they have kept the secret from the Singaporean’s.

Late night mamak. There really is nothing better than sitting on a plastic stool and eating roti planta, satay and nasi lemak at 1:00am. And sambal, lots of sambal. God I love sambal.

Back Kuh Teh for breakfast. Or any other time really but breakfast works for porky soupy goodness.

Breakfast laksa on a plastic stool by the roadside.

Kaya and soft boiled egg. Is there a better breakfast in the world? No. That was a rhetorical question. There are better brunches but butter kaya toast with a couple of soft boiled eggs absolutely is the best breakfast in the world.

Char sui pork with fancy sauce. I love this place as while it doesn’t have the best char sui in the world it makes a dark sauce from rendered pork fat, char sui grilling run off, brown sugar and black magic. Go there for BBQ pork and chicken and they give you squeeze bottles of black porky fatty goodness. Fuck me I could squeeze it on breakfast cereal if I could sneak it out of the country.

I have no other flights booked before January next year, feels kinda weird, gonna fill my time trying to master making wonton mee from scratch. Fuck I love visiting Malaysia.