Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Administrator
    Mood is just the wife and I taking a trip for our anniversary. She found a good deal on plane tickets and we've always wanted to go, so why not? Not sure where we're staying yet, part of asking around is finding out where's a good spot to stay.

FWIW, I live in Los Angeles, so I'm pretty used to those considerations.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I'd say Club San Luis in Roma Norte, would be a good way to finish off a day, it's stuck in the 70s and it's basically a fichera night club that stayed in its place when its neighborhood gentrified, I know it sounds kind of icky but trust me, the experience is great even if the waiting staff is a bit pushy with the drinks. It's in the same neighborhood as La graciela and all those other trendy eateries.

I think the welcomers organize pulque tours for around MXN$500, which I guess is a good way to get your toes wet.
    acket.

Administrator
    Great, thanks!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    For moving around, I've heard Didi > Uber.
    acket.

Administrator
    I've also heard it's got one of the best transit systems in the world, any reason you wouldn't recommend that?

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Oh, nothing beats Japan or Malaysia. Hong Kong isn't bad too. But even for an Asian country, and when compared to most countries in the world, Korea is up there.

We are only transiting via Lyon to Courcheval. I had to rent a V Class with snow chains. Watch this space...

And MR2 Fan, let me know when you're over.
    We can agree to disagree on Korea but if people are going I can give some recommendations for great places to east and drink. The one thing I liked most about Seoul was that it had the mountains you could walk up in the middle of the city, just awesome that you could get such a break from the city while still being in the middle of it.

And seriously, try to find a way to eat in Lyon, if you’ve been to Paris in the last 10 years and become jaded about French food Lyon completely restores your faith in the fact that when they put some effort in and aren’t just cooking for tourists France can do some amazing food.

Sorry mate, just got up to the mountains and survived my first time driving in icy roads and with (light) snow. Not driving back to Lyon just to eat!!!

Finished my first lunar new year, really enjoyed spending the week in JB with girlfriends extended family and looking forward to coming back. Most of them are even looking forward to seeing me back which is a bit of a win

Couple of things stood out

Food is awesome in JB, that was kinda expected. But seriously, fucking awesome, loved it

Everyone in Malaysia thinks that Australians are racist as fuck. At the end of the week I did (very) gently point out that Chinese Malaysians face far less racism in Australia than they do in Malaysia. They simply couldn’t comprehend this

When I was sitting in some of my girlfriends extended families houses I realised that some of the uncles were high school age while Malaysia was occupied by the Japanese during world war 2. It puts our problems and complaints into perspective when you consider the unbelievable life experience that these people have.

Great week, now a week in Thailand and Singapore with not much else on the agenda except eating and drinking.

Greg - I think it may have to do with the quality of some of the Aussies that they meet or are publicly notorious (Pauline Hanson sticks out). For example, you guys on the board are somewhat different from Kuta Beach inhabitants.

With that said I fully understand where you were coming from. Also good job on working the uncles and aunties!

France was great, didn't have to do any work apart from a bit for feng shui reasons. Learnt to ski but stoll prefer biking, including snow fatbiking, since the technique for skiing is the exact opposite to that used in biking!
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; February 10th, 2019 at 07:14 PM.

Oh we have plenty of racist idiots...
    But we also have plenty of multicultural aspects that are great and really positive.