Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

I really want to get over the hump for Delta Medallion status before the end of the year, but work seems to be really slow (still in the training mode, so the company is having to fit me in on jobs, which are in short supply in Nov., Dec.).

I'll be about 10k miles short as of now, but should get a job or two to bring it down to 5-7k or so hopefully. I'm thinking about finding some low cost, high mileage trips in December. Maybe visit my buddy in Seattle, or take a ski trip, or catch a band playing I like out west.

Getting to 23k miles or so out of 25k would be very disappointing.

Ah yes, I love KL.

Booked Chinese new year holiday. Having a weekend in Bangkok, down to JB for family duties for a week, back to Bangkok for half a week of drinking ng and eating, down to Singapore for a few days for food then coming home via Bali for the afternoon/evening for a few drinks and dinner at merah putih.

Singapore for food? You might as well go to Panda Express for Chinese food.

Yeah, I know, but we do have a week in JB so think of it as eating worse food so we can understand more fully how good Malaysia food is

That said, there are a few places which I don't mind there (char sui pork at old airport road hawker centre for example) and there's quite a few bars we want to try out so as long as you stay away from the really overpriced and shitty food places like Clarke Quay its not too bad.

Their chicken rice isn't too bad, I'll give them that. Of course, that dish is now the Asia-wide equivalent of chocolate lava cake in England and is basically Asian food for noobs and people who are scared of anything even remotely spicy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Their chicken rice isn't too bad, I'll give them that. Of course, that dish is now the Asia-wide equivalent of chocolate lava cake in England and is basically Asian food for noobs and people who are scared of anything even remotely spicy.
    We probably will get chicken rice while we're there That said, we tend to avoid places like Tien Tien in Maxwell (though we will go to Maxwell for carrot cake) and go to a place down the road that has better rice.

In Singapore we're looking at dinners at Nouri (valentines), Butcher Boy and Birds of a Feather - these are our kind of restaurants. In Bangkok I've got L'Atelier Joel Rubuchon booked for lunch on the first weekend we're there and Bo.lan organised for when we go back for 5 days. We'll do a night on Yaowarat, Prai Raya for Yellow curry crab, we usually get to either Supanniga or Soulfood Mahanakorn and the rest will be streetfood including our must have trip to Wattana Panich for beef noodle/hotpot.

Fuck, pick the people stuck in Korea for a while and dreaming about getting back to good food!

Korean food is awesome, dude!

On another note here is me and supadrai at the Apple Store in HK (as my ipad pro has some issues) after lunch at HK club and beer at Shake Shack.20190125_163603.jpg

Not sure why it's upside down, but anyway...
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; January 25th, 2019 at 12:33 AM.

Korean food is shit. That said, had dinner at toc toc last week and that was excellent. But it is mor3 French or Italian than Korean and we did order the outrageously excessive truffles which makes everything taste pretty fucking awesome

More importantly I’m flying home tomorrow

More more importantly in the next few weeks I have reservations at Joel rubechon, R.haan, suppanniga and prai raya in Bangkok, Nouri in Singapore and merah putah in Seminyak. I made some spelling mistakes in those but I’m not giving many fucks about that at all. Because good food is awesome and mostly that exists outside Korea

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Korean food is awesome, dude!

On another note here is me and supadrai at the Apple Store in HK (as my ipad pro has some issues) after lunch at HK club and beer at Shake Shack.20190125_163603.jpg

Not sure why it's upside down, but anyway...
    You sure you're not in Australia?