Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

I'm going to spend maybe a week on the East Coast, bouncing between DC metro, Philadelphia and hopefully NYC. I don't know when.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, frankly I don't like doing that much traveling as work travel takes me away from my kids and leisure travel affects my work. But given my itinerary I suppose I can't complain.

I might go visit my sister in Irvine in late September or early October.

Jan/Feb
    Was in Thailand with trip to Vietnam

March
    Leaving for a week in Tasmania on saturday, driving trip in the GT4
    Week after I'm in auckland for the week
    Back late friday night then on saturday off to Thailand for a while

April
    Thailand, probably pop across to Laos/Cambodia
    9-18 in Japan (I've got a 4 hour transit on the 9th around the middle of the day in Hong Kong YW but you'll be in scotland?) Coming back on Cathay and Emirates in First so I finally get to have a shower on a plane.
    Rest of April in Thailand

May
    Rennsport I land 6:45am, should be home by 7:30am, aim to pick up my father by 8:30am and then arrive at Rennsport at sydney motorsport park by 9:00am

Hoping for a break from travel at this point but that is unlikely as my boss wants me in europe and it looks like some more work in thailand and indonesia

August
    Hong Kong for a long weekend then 2 weeks in western USA - Death valley, grand canyon, monument valley, Bonneville speedweek, Yosemite, Monterey classic car week, highway 1
    Late august across to belgium for Spa F1.

September
    UK - Isle of man for Manx TT, thinking then Scotland and south england for Goodwood revival. Coming home via stutgart for museums
    Next back to Belgium. I get back in aus wednesday night at 8:00pm. Saturday morning I fly to japan, stay a night then to belgium, stay 2 nights then Avignon for 3 nights, brussels for a night then home. This is all a bit silly really so I night stay in Japan for a couple of weeks on the way home for a bit of a break and the F1

Thats the current bookings anyway and I'm always up for beers if I'm wafting past your corner of the world

Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    August...2 weeks in western USA - Death valley...
    I hear Death Valley is nice that time of year.

I was just in a discussion related to Death Valley with one of the senior professors. He's a geoarchaeologist and was explaining alluvial fans & why they're common places for sites to be found, using a photograph of a fan on the Western edge of Death Valley for illustrative purposes. He says 'Can anyone tell me why this would be a good place to set up a camp?' pointing to near the top of the fan. I waited a minute, and when no students responded said, 'Because it's on the way out of death valley, that place is like 120* in the shade.'
    We had a good laugh.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Greg, I'll be in HK on the 9th, so we can roll during your transit. I won't be drinking alcohol at the time, but we can still hang out.

As for August, won't be here for the first week-and-a-bit, so we'll have to see if we overlap.

So, it looks like you are spending a fair amount of time in Thailand? Which part? Not just BKK I hope?

Just got back from LA

Pacific Northwest in May

Working on plans for central New York, Scotland, Iceland, and Hawaii.... Don't think I can actually swing all of that, but here's hoping

Yeah August in Death Valley?? Did someone dare you, Greg?

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Greg, I'll be in HK on the 9th, so we can roll during your transit. I won't be drinking alcohol at the time, but we can still hang out.

As for August, won't be here for the first week-and-a-bit, so we'll have to see if we overlap.

So, it looks like you are spending a fair amount of time in Thailand? Which part? Not just BKK I hope?
    Yeah, basically BKK. But client is large japanese keiretsu and thinks I walk on water so back I go. I've started with the weekend trips now and this trip will run off to japan for a week so thats easing the pain. Aim for lunch on the 9th? I'm not in town long but should be enough to pop in, grab a bite and head back.