Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Administrator
    Chichen Itza is pretty amazing, but I think they probably still legally have to let people sell all sorts of crap along all the walkways. If you get a chance, Coba and Tulum are well worth the trip.

Also, Xel Ha was a lot of fun if you like easy & relaxed snorkeling. You can just swim for a bit, get out and have a margarita, then go in for more. Michele and I saw this cool fish while we were snorkeling there and followed it around for a while, then later looked it up and found out it was a barracuda. Maybe not our smartest moment.

Back from Chichen Itza & Valladolido (basically for the Xaci cenote, a deep cavern with water you can swim in)!

Yeah there were lot of vendors but we left in darkness @ 5 AM local time and got there right at 8 AM opening time. So neither the vendors nor the tour buses were even there!

The drive was *spooky* tho'...

Pics or it didn't happen!!!!

Pics are on her camera and I left my phone in the car for the most part.

I'll take some grubby pics on Thursday.

Looks like I have to pop into singapore (yay, my favourite place) for 5-6 november and then go up to bangkok for a day or 2. If anyone's about and feels like a beer just yell.

I also just booked 3 weeks in Japan for Hanami next year with the girlfriend. That should be pretty awesome.

Administrator
    So, not all that impressed with Tel Aviv. In fairness, that may be because I really only had Saturday to do any sightseeing, and spent the rest of it with coworkers either at work or going to dinner. Food was good, if homogeneous, but I didn't feel like I came away with a sense of a culture to the city. Just kinda reminded me of being in the first couple of levels of Half Life 2.

Bit of chaos at work today so need to pop over to Seoul

Got Sunday night in seoul, monday/tuesday in singapore, wednesday night seoul and head back to sydney on thursday night. Popping through HKG on monday and wednesday but middle of the day so I don't think you'll have time to catch up YW? But if anyone is in Seoul or Singapore next week I can easily be talked into beers.

I'm free for lunch on Monday or Wednesday next week if you don't mind coming to Central and let me know what you'd like to eat.

Popping over to Bangkok on Saturday for a week if anyones there next week

Also thinking of basing myself in Belgium/Germany for the first 6 months of next year. It'd be an easier decision if I could take the car.