Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    my best friend who I convinced to join me in going to Japan in 2015 is now back in Japan without me....since I was busy finishing my business project and had no extra time/money to go with him.

The funny part is that before we went the first time, he kept saying "oh, I'll never go again, this is my only trip"...but within 24 hours of arriving, he's like "crap, I'll have to come back here again"....that's how it always starts!

To be fair Emirates does have really rubbish service, I'm clearly not special enough for them. And to make people feel a better the first class legs are very much a treat for me, I would do maybe a couple a year. The flight was absolutely outstanding mainly down to the brilliant crew we had, best flight I've had in a very very long time so thank you Qantas.

Anyways, I finally managed to get the passport application this afternoon so I should be sorted for Japan. And for shits and giggles I went through my passport on the flights back (they are pretty long!) and counted all the entry stamps (didn't bother looking at the exits as they're mostly the same). So if you want to know what it takes to fill an australian passport this is what I managed to do it with. Keep in mind I don't get entry stamps for aus, hong kong since about 2015, new zealand and anything that is intra schengen (eg I've been to sweden 7 times, france once and germany once in the last 2 months which gets no stamps)

Japan - 20
    Thailand - 20 (including 3 full visas)
    UK - 7
    Belgium - 6
    Hong Kong - 5 (basically entirely consisting of beers with YW)
    South Korea - 4
    China - 4 (including 1 full visa)
    Germany - 3
    France - 3
    Vietnam - 2
    Singapore - 2
    Malaysia - 2
    Macau - 2
    Finland - 2
    Taiwan - 1
    South Africa - 1
    Myanmar - 1
    Laos - 1 (full visa)
    Turkey - 1
    Indonesia - 1
    Cambodia - 1
    USA - 1

90 entry stamps to 22 countries and that was in a bit over 7 years
    Last edited by IMOA; March 19th, 2018 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Fuck, missed the US!

aww, you miss the US

Take out your top 10 and it still beats my lifetime travel.
    I am at like "Canada - 5", so I have that.

I've been to Detroit. And upstate New York. And those were before passports were required to cross the border. Still don't have one.

Seen a whole WHACK of Canada east of the Manitoba border though.

Just booked the month of September in Europe. Have to do a week in Gent for work then hiring a car and going on s road trip with the gf. Thinking something along the lines of Berlin, Prague, Vienna, lake como, Monaco and back to Brussels. Booked a 1 series bmw which should be small enough for the towns, fast enough for the autobahn and fun enough for the twisty bits. USD $26 per day, that’s why we use Sixt!

Looks like 4 or 5 weeks in Korea from beginning of May. Gonna try to do a week in Japan for one of those.

I also need to book a week away for the girlfriends birthday in June. She’s after a beachy thing with good food and we’ll probably fly out of Singapore. Open to any suggestions for not the obvious places (aka not Bali, Phuket etc)

Penang is the only beachy place with truly good food. Everything else is just a waste of time.

And I’ve never been to Penang.

In fairness, the beaches in Penang aren't the best (they're ok). But the food there is the best in Malaysia. And hence the best in the world. But the beachy resorts are, relatively speaking, slightly out of town, which is where the best food is.

Personally, I'd stay at the durian plantation and eat durian non-stop.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; March 31st, 2018 at 10:18 PM.

We’re more about the food than the beach Though the gf is rather keen on the durian idea now.

Season is pretty much over now though. Then again, Malaysian durians are also the best in the world anyway.