Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

We hit Hokkaido 2 weeks ago without the children. It was awesome, especially just driving the Levorg STI everywhere.

Hope you hit up some killer onsen up there YW! This is the photo from our favourite one from Fukuoka in March

4A3CD681-4EEF-446D-B79C-8ABBFA211390.jpg
    Last edited by IMOA; July 10th, 2018 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    Hope you hit up some killer onsen up there YW! This is the photo from our favourite one from Fukuoka in March

4A3CD681-4EEF-446D-B79C-8ABBFA211390.jpg
    Ah, I had a good time at the one in the hotel in Jozankei. We had one in our room too, that was also fun.

On another note, it's dangerous for me to be so near awesome Malaysian durians in HK. I've eaten 3 in the last 2 days, or rather, 5 in the last week.

Have to go back to Seoul next week for a meeting on Wednesday morning and I've got Tuesday night completely free if anyone is about and feels like dinner or drinks (I know fairly unlikely but it's always nice to be surprised)

Also looks like about an 80% chance that I might base myself out of Tokyo for 7 months or so once I get back from europe. It's likely that I'll need to be in Seoul regularly and our japanese offices are a bit of a mess and need some sorting out so it kinda makes sense to just move to Tokyo rather than flying up from Aus.

That's be cool. I'd love to come visit you if I have time.

On another note, I managed to see Tom and Steve while in London. Top evenings, chaps!

Prague. Yes, it does get the bucks party crowd but you can avoid them it it has gone to thr top of my list of ‘cities that are awesome to go drinking in’. And, if I may say so myself, this is a subject I’m a considered expert in.

Administrator
    Looks like I'm...ugh...going back to Tel Aviv again. Ended up parting ways with the rest of my coworkers and taking Air Canada over - shorter layovers in Toronto than the other flight options, and it's a 787-900 vs. the 777's that United likes to fly.

Hoping I made the right call, 'cause United sucks a whole lot, and having a 12 hour layover at SFO sounded soul-crushing. Happy to see at least that the 787 is in a 3-3-3 configuration rather than a 3-4-3. Never flown Air Canada before, but I have to imagine they're more civilized than United.

Air Canada is pretty nice. They have in cabin entertainment for free, just have to download their app. They have movies, tv shows etc. You choose what you want to watch.

I'll be taking them tomorrow as a matter of fact. The wife and I are heading back to Portugal for a couple weeks sans kid. First time we've taken a vacation alone since Vivien was born. Should be awesome. Lookin forward to all the awesome atmosphere and food.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Just realized my passport is nearly up for renewal....10 years since I stared flying overseas...only to Asia so far, I should get to Europe sometime.

Air Canada is alright; probably better reliability than many US airlines.

Lori is going to Belgium next week, without me. She just found out today that she is going to Galapogos in May, without me. Most of her travel is solo.