Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Mine is starting to show wear. That set was given to me by my Mom when I started dating my wife in in the early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Nah, KL is.
    Food is too healthy in KL. Lyon it’s just outrageous gluttony.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    My checked bag I believe has reached the end of it's usable life. For you folks that travel a lot, do you have a suitcase you swear by?
    I use victorinox, both bags getting on 8-10 years old and look like new. Girlfriend is mostly Samsonite and that’s stood up very well as well. I think if you get a decent brand it should stand up for as very long time.

They should both be fine. If you get one thst used skate wheels, that can be a bonus. We just got a Lowe Alpine 60L roller for more casual travelling. Osprey's lifetime guarantee on all of their bags is also good to have if you don't mind the hiking/backpacking look.

I'm a bindle-stick man, myself.

Administrator
    I usually am too, but I've been unable to find an unattended boxcar that can make it to Israel from here.

Administrator
    Thanks for the suggestions, all. I ignored all of it and ended up with a very nice Travelpro Platinum Elite suitcase that I like very much.

They're a quality brand without the luxury image (ie pricetag), good choice I reckon.

Administrator
    Yeah, reviews I read said that they were bags that felt like ones in the next higher price range. It is light as a feather and rolls quite nicely, and I'm happy that the zipper pulls are metal as opposed to my last ones which were some sort of combo of metal and what seemed like silicone. After the last of the zipper pulls managed to snap clear off my old bag, I figured it was time to upgrade.

I wouldn't mind trying one, but they're hard to find out here.

After a bit of stuffing about it looks like I'm headed to Seoul for a few months on the weekend. I'll probably stay until Late January (promised gf I'll go back to Malaysia with her for chinese new year in Feb) and we'll do christmas/new year in Japan (probably Tokyo and Tohoku). That'll mean this has been 4 weeks at home, kinda getting used to it!