Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Yes, I hope so!

Going to Montreal this weekend with a couple of buddies. Road trip. It’ll be my first time ever outside Ontario, (within Canada). We were talking about flying to Calgary in July for the Stampede. Would’ve been fun but too many days off work, so I had to decline. Montreal will be fun, I’m sure.

Got Hong Kong booked for after new year trip, we’ll be there Feb 4 - Feb 8 staying in Lan Kwai Fong. So book a babysitter YW, there’s going to be a late night out

Ok!

I’m on my way home this weekend and have no travel booked and very much looking forward to some time in Sydney. Got a weekend down to Melbourne organised to catch up with Mr Tim and hit some bars, gonna go to Canberra for a weekend to go to a truffle farm, got a booking at Long Chim in Sydney because David Thompson is going to cook there one night with some other chef who’s name I don’t remember (that will mean nothing to most but if you like Thai food this is a really big deal), we even managed to get a booking for lunch at Billy Kwong on Sunday which is the day that restaurant is closing. Mostly we’re looking forward to a more normal life where you can plan and do things and just chill out and enjoy life.

So Tokyo office calls this morning, ‘Are you free in a couple of weeks? We’ve got this meeting on the 17th that we’d really like you to attend’. FFS.

So lunch sometime?
    Promise I wont stuff it up with double bookings!

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    So lunch sometime?
    Promise I wont stuff it up with double bookings!
    Next week!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    When your search for decent hotels in Hong Kong comes up gold

Attached Images Attached Images

Kinky.

What sort of place are you looking for, and what's your budget? That place is... very quiet and isolated. It's also on the same island as Disneyland, but it's not going to be super-easy or quick to get to it, if that's what you want. It's good if you just want to Netflix (over mobile network since it probably doesn't have very fast broadband) and chill (with, I suppose, an Octopus).

To be fair, it's not really that quick or easy to get to Disneyland from anywhere in HK, unless you stay at one of the hotels there. But that place is also pretty isolated from most of the touristy stuff in HK. Having said that, the webpage does look nice and relaxing. I've been to the area before, and it looks more like a place where HK people would go to get away from the city.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; June 26th, 2019 at 07:16 AM.