Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

It’s so close to Barcelona, hope you didn’t get robbed there?!?

You guys probably flew to Valencia 1st? Such a beautiful island looking at google map street view!

Nope, BCN very different. And we flew via LHR.

In polar opposites, someone turned in my passport which had fallen out of the car (long story) but one of my friends had her wallet picked off her in Hi (a club) last night. Then again my friend had his wallet stolen at the Metallica concert in HK, so that does happen.

Wow. Pretty intense video. Just watched it over lunch...

Feel really bad for that guy who got beaten up real good. Seriously, unless you really fucking know kungfu, why bother trying to argue with a bunch of angry young protestors? I only argue with Neanderthal because we're on a forum and there's no way he can actually kick my ass. In real life, there's no way I'd argue the way I do here. Especially not with an angry mob.

My Cantonese isn't that good, but there were lots of folks screaming out stop hitting him, right?

Also, considering the protestors don't beat up firemen nor do they destroy/loot private shop properties..., the rioters are showing more restraint than most other rioters around the world. Can't really expect every protesters to be as cool as Gandhi or MLK jr... I do believe there are more peaceful protesters than violent ones in HK, right?

Anyway, how are things in HK now? Do you see an end in sight?

I could post more articles or links, but I have other things to do with my life.

https://today.line.me/HK/pc/article/...urce=copyshare

https://www.facebook.com/RTHKVNEWS/v...80591795/?t=18

https://youtu.be/S0FehMH4r6E

I'm posting these so that people can look at footage if they'd like - rather than reading about it in a potentially inaccurate news article.

With that said - and I am serious - the city is actually peaceful the rest of the time. It's just best to stay at home on days when there are major "events" organised.

Or let's put it this way. In Indonesia there were 2 fatalities after 5 days of protests. In HK we've reached 100+ days but no one has died.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; October 1st, 2019 at 09:13 AM.

I heard news reports over radio that Carrie Lam is actually ready to settle it with the protestors, but China refused it? Is that true or fake US news?

If true, HK authorities are kinda screwed. They are in no position to negotiate with the violent protestors because they can't give the pro-democracy folks what they want, yet, no mainland Chinese law and order enforcement to crackdown on these out of control rioters.

I guess China is just expecting this infighting to continue until the day HK folks beg China to please intervene and save them...

Chairman Xi is surely one clever dictator.

Well, KL is a great place to be, as always!

Saw a short video today of HK protesters tearing down facial recognition camera poles - or that's how it was described, anyway. I say good for them, if that's where and what was really going on.