Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    No, way north in Manila near Quezon City

Going to Ottawa this weekend, our nation's glorious capital!

As mentioned in a previous post on here, I've been there. It's nothing special. I went with friends and found the nightlife to be lame as fuck. But this time we'll be going as a family, so I'm sure the experience will be different. We'll check out the Parliament buildings and museums and shit. We'll be on a tight schedule, so hopefully we'll make the most of it. 4 1/2 hour drive. Going Thursday afternoon, back Saturday night. It's the Labour Day long weekend, but we want to spend Sunday and Monday at home relaxing, that's why we're going Thurs-Sat.

Didn't see Ottawa properly last time, but will for sure this time.

BTW, in my head I'm pronouncing Ottawa as Uttawah. Just like America's superhero Tucker Carlson.

We haven't left HK since we got back from Shikoku in March 2020. Not ideal, but there are far worse places to be stuck in.

Administrator
    Just got back from Kauai. Can comfortably say that swimming with sea turtles was significantly more awesome than it sounds.

If you do go to Hawaii, make sure you go online within 24 hours of your flight and do the "health questionnaire" thing. It'll ask you a few questions (do you have a fever, etc), then you get a QR code. It'll save you a very long wait at the airport in Hawaii if you get that sorted first. In our case, they actually did the screening at LAX - verify my vaccinations, scan that QR code, got a wristband that let us just waltz into Honolulu. The current covid restrictions are basically identical to the ones in CA, so that was an easy transition, but I think some of the visitors from other states were having a hard time getting the swing of when they had to mask up and when they didn't. Didn't see anybody throwing any fits about anything though.

Damn, sounds nice. Been around 10 years since I was in Hawaii. I guess we do live on and island and can go do watersport or on a boat trip anytime, but it's always good to do so in other places.

Seems like this thread slowed down massively after March of 2020, I can't fathom why...
    Get that weak shit off my track

I kind of forgot about it until MR2 mentioned travel.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I'm trying to sort through the 600+ photos I took in Japan, lol

I went to Everest...

That was crazy!