Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Forza 6 Apex - a free-to-play Forza on PC

Administrator
    Hahah, sorry about that! I don't think there's any way I can turn that off...

And yeah, I basically turned off just about every assist except I don't do manual w/ clutch and I use normal steering, not simulation. You get a huge boost just from turning off assists.

No worries. Just thought it was funny as a Windows alert.

Spent about an hour catching and eventuality passing you in the MINI at Rio Spotlight. What a great time. Might have been the most fun non-live race I have ever run.

Can't wait for FM7.

Is it any better now? When I tried it at least one year ago it was choppy, buggy and laggy... I suppose my A8-6500, 8GB, R9 270X 4GB OC should do ok, spec wise...

I haven't had any troubles with the new system. Old system would randomly drop hard for a few seconds every race, but I think that was a symptom of the CPU going bad which eventually bricked that box. I also noticed the menu/race load time is much shorter on my new system. I'm probably going to install FM7 on my SDD, I should have room.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I find it really strange that it worked fine on this exact hardware setup under Win7 and then when I plug it back in on Win10 machines it's dead. I mean, it's been living a pretty easy life of sitting there doing nothing in my study. I think I am no longer the owner of any Win7 boxes though so I can't really test it.
    To follow up on this the pedals are not recognized by the new machine either, that's three. I went ahead and sent Fanatec US a note about how to acquire a new logic controller. Eager to hear what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    To follow up on this the pedals are not recognized by the new machine either, that's three. I went ahead and sent Fanatec US a note about how to acquire a new logic controller. Eager to hear what they say.
    I'm talking to myself now but I'll go ahead and close the loop.

Fanatec responded immediately and is shipping me a new logic controller, the cost to me is $18 and $12 shipping from Germany. I'm quite happy with that.

Administrator
    Sorry about the lack of response, I've been in Europe and not checking in. Still at Barcelona airport, but will be back late Thursday.

Hah, wasn't a complaint directed at you.

Administrator
    The premium edition which I think has all the DLC is on sale for $4.24 for the next few days.