Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Forza 6 Apex - a free-to-play Forza on PC

Good deal, less than I paid.

Ohhhh... maybe a good reason to jump back in to this, since I'm not doing 7.

Is it any decent nowadays? I remember it buggy and cumbersome even on decent rigs.

I liked it a lot. The racing against AI felt very competitive with the right car/track combo. It really boosted my expectations for F7 which ended up being a steaming pile.

Administrator
    It runs great when it runs, but it also crashes a fair bit. I've done three showcase events so far and it's crashed twice during that. Never during a race, once was right after collecting my rewards and the other was as the grid was being setup.

On the plus side, not a ton of people are playing and they do appear to be adding new showcase events regularly. That means that a mediocre effort nabbed me #1 in the US and #3 in the world on the leaderboards. Woot!

I don't recall it ever crashing, but there are so many variables there. I bought a gaming PC basically to play FM7 and iRacing so I was running a clean setup on brand new hardware.

Thanks for the hint!

FYI - If you guys are using EVGA Precision X, turn it off before booting. Makes my game CTD before the main menu.