Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 6 Apex - a free-to-play Forza on PC

MS said the Xbox 360 wheel would get force feedback on PC after launch too, I'll believe it when I see it.

Junior Potato
    This article (about Quantum Break) highlights one of my many reservation about the success of Forza's first foray into the PC racing world.

It's about Windows Store.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...tum-break-drm/

I haven't looked at Windows Store yet, because I can't link my MS account to my PC, and it won't give me access.

And this is the problem with DRM, only ever punishes those who gave you money. Every "comedy" piracy protection ever has ended up affecting innocents and then you've got to double difficulty of both finding someone who can help and convincing them you're not a filthy pirate.

All works fine for me.

Aye, UWP is not looking hot right now. They've got some serious work to do for PC gamers - at least in terms of supporting 3rd party performance programs, FPS limitations, and driver issues. Hopefully they can iron some of that out by the time this arrives.

I love the way that playing the PC version wrote over the Xbox Save he had where he'd already completed the game. It's like they asked some monkeys to come up with the code.

Administrator
    Come to think of it, I'm surprised they're doing this after what a colossal failure Microsoft Flight was.

Junior Potato
    Man, MS Flight was a great game. I'm sad that I'll never be able to play it on my current laptop, which I bought last year, with it's pretty good graphics processing.

You see, that's one of my gripes about FM Apex. The track record of any Microsoft online shopfront in the past has been extremely poor. When they shut GFWL they took Flight away from us forever.

Administrator
    Yep, Flight was really good and held a lot of promise. Didn't it only last six months before they pulled the plug on it?

And didn't it only include like two locations, and one plane? What a let down.

Also, I think all game makers should just put in a self-destruct date in their software protection. No one really cares about pirated game that are 3 or 5 years old.