Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 6 Apex - a free-to-play Forza on PC

Cue hackers tricking software protection into thinking its current date + 5 years.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Of course, that's basically how they try to make free trials last forever. I'm sure a mandatory internet check for the date would be in order or something.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    And didn't it only include like two locations, and one plane? What a let down.
    One location and two planes in the free version. Big Island of Hawaii and a Boeing Stearman as well as the super-cool Icon A5, which you could land pretty much anywhere.

You could buy the rest of Hawaii as DLC, and some new aircraft. Sucks to be you if you bought those.

This is out today (beta). Gonna try to get it downloaded tonight and check it out.

Junior Potato
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Despite my earlier protestations, the Windows Store was not painless to get access to. I'll eat my hat there.

Now all I gotta do is wait until 18.8 billion bytes find their way onto my hard drive. I'll check back on the 'morrow. I hope the track and car selection is cromulent.

And playing FM6 on a PS4 pad is sure to be weird, right?

I bet!

I did end up downloading it. It was not quick, like Steam, uPlay and Battle.net are. Got through the first race. Gorgeous. However, it crashed at the loading screen for the next race. My gut feeling is that the apps don't play well with PrecisionX, software that keeps my graphics card in check (but not a huge deal to turn off). It is demanding for sure. It defaulted to 1080p. I bumped it to 2K but didnt get a chance to see how it runs due to the crash. I'll have to fuck about more later

I`m just downloading the PC version (18,8 GB) - btw... hi ladies and lads.
    The download will take for ever because of just 1 MB/s...

https://youtu.be/5Sktd04SB_0

Junior Potato
    I'm trying to run it now but I'm getting an incompatible graphics driver error code. FML.

So now I'm updating stuff instead of playing games hoooraaayyy!

Looks like it needs more updates:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/tu...wn-Issues.aspx

Junior Potato
    Yeah. I've read these pages a lot this morning while looking for help.

I found a way past the AP301 error I was getting, but the game crashes after the loading period once you go past the Xbox Live login screen.

So I'm updating the AMD driver again, since the website only gave me the next-to-latest driver, not the full-latest driver.

FML.