Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I am an artist. (Random artistic thoughts.)

I absolutely wanted to meet up, but I will not have the time.

The show went OK. I only sold a few pieces. It was hardly enough to make it worth their while. I sold two pieces after the show to people who saw the show, including the gal who invited me to give the show.

This week, I have been building a new web site through our hosting service. They provide a web site builder and e-commerce that I have not taken advantage of before now. It has not been easy or intuitive and I'm still not done. As a side note, we have been using this hosting company for like 20 years. My wife has had her own domain since before we were married. I just coasted off of her hosting since we got together. I parked the domain for My Garage thing years ago, but it redirected to my old site until last week. I am still working on it. It works, mostly, but my online store is not ready. Still a work in progress at this point. I take breaks from it because multiple issues make it frustrating.

Is the frustration because of your artistic temperament? ;-)

It's from ANNOYING TROLLS ON THE INTERNETZ!

Http://Hwphoto.net

Been working on it on and off since February and still have no clue what I am doing.

It seems my local McDonalds is attempting to be edgy by having faux Banksy wall decorations. It's basically wallpaper made to look like the sides of urban buildings and such with stenciled graffiti. The irony is, Banksy would be completely against this kind of thing. Some marketing person at McD's corporate said, "How can we appear more cool and edgy? I know, that Banksy guy is hot right now and he's cool and edgy." Meanwhile, they have no idea what Banksy stands for. Also, 95% of McDonald's clientele isn't even going to "get it." or even care. It seems foolish to me.

Rant over.

Administrator
    Just wait until they sell NFTs of the "art".

I got a direct marking e-mail from someone trying to sell his NFT service to me. Frankly, it is insulting that they obviously do not even know what I do. It is not freakin' hard to see that make physical objects.

Almost two years ago, I sculpted a lionfish from wood. It got lots of love and interest on my social media outlets. It did not sell, however, despite being juried into a show in a nearby city. It has been on static display for the last year or so in our living room. Earlier today, I entered it into this year's state fair juried fine art exhibition. (I enter every year.) Later today, Lori broke it.

Dealing with clients is often trying.

TRYING not to cuss them out for being dumb.
    Get that weak shit off my track