Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greenville City police officer shot yesterday was my brothers old partner...

Greenville City police officer shot yesterday was my brothers old partner...

http://www.wyff4.com/news/live-green...nfirm/38582914

Up until 6 months ago when my brother moved to Concord, NC. If he was still in greenville, he most likely would have been responding with this officer yesterday. This is hitting my family kind of hard, ive been awake the last 3 hours thinking, so sorry if this post is a bit rambling. Jenna's sister lost a partner coming up in spartanburg county, told us that it changed her life and outlook forever. Her husband is a US marshall and has been involved in at least 3 shootings in the past 18 months, so the police dangers isn't new to our families, its just this one really hits close to home. This officer is leaving behind one child and a wife that is 5 months pregnant.

I'm not posting this in the gun control thread because the shooter was a 17 year old convicted felon, I hope the judge that reduced his 10 year sentence to 251 days learned something from this. I'm not posting in the politics thread because i'm not touching the BLM stuff, even though I'm sure Jesse Jackson will come to his "hometown" to stir some shit up.

A bunch of these greenville city officers are part of a team that goes into these neighborhoods and plays basketball with the kids and do a bunch of other things to try and expose these kids to the officers in a friendly positive way, my brother was a part of this team and was always telling us about his basketball games. The fact that this officers gun was still holstered will tell you how much policy has changed because of recent events.

I feel like a lot of departments will lose good officers to new careers because they don't want to deal with this, then we are going to be stuck with the people that we don't want as police officers just because thats all that we can get. I know greenvilles policies is one of the reasons my brother moved to concord, he was even looking at career change possibilities too.

Im not sure where i'm going with this, i just needed an outlet for my thoughts.

Sorry to read this and for your family's loss.

Totally fair to need to get stuff out into the universe at a time like this. Have you talked much with your brother about it?

Not much, when we figured out who it was and I texted him he was already back in Greenville with the widow. It hadn't really hit either of them yet. He's going to bottle it up, we've already talked to his girlfriend about watching him and we've told them they can come out to the house if they need to get away. Hopefully I can talk to him today some more.

I know it doesn't offer much in the way of helping, but I am truly gutted about this.

I feel as if we are more seperated now than ever in this country, and I don't like it.

Take care, bro.