Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VERY preliminary, but could use some info on Denver area (housing/ease of commute/walk) etc

Female Masturbatory Aid

VERY preliminary, but could use some info on Denver area (housing/ease of commute/walk) etc

Just got wind of a possible opportunity in the Denver area, but I've not been there in years.

So, just asking the locals what their opinions are of their respective areas.

Walk-ability
    Traffic (if commuting is required, not sure where the office is at, yet)
    House/apartment rentals (cost of either for a given area, etc)
    How from from DIA (under hour, etc)?

Like I said, this just happened this morning. I still haven't even got all the details, but the first thing we (gf and I) had to decide, was if we were willing to relocate. That part's done.

I live pretty far south in the Denver metro area and don't know a lot about the downtown area. I can help more with Colorado and the metro area in general.

From what I hear - just from people talking, not from any personal research - rental costs here are very high. There is a shortage of homes for sale, and the ones that do get put on the market sell in a few days and usually above the asking price. My parents live in a condo community and Dad was just telling me the way people there sell their condos is to list it on a Friday and say "no bids accepted after [some time] on Sunday". Then they choose the highest bidder. Done.

I don't think I can answer any other of your questions without knowing more specifics. One comment on commuting comes to mind:

Light rail seems quite good, but for the most part you'll need to be along the I-25 corridor to take advantage of it. Co-workers use it and enjoy it, except when there are concerts or sporting events downtown, which cause crowds of rowdies to annoy commuters. I figure that's the same in any large city. There are also tons of trails - paved, dirt, and similar - that go just about everywhere in the suburbs and are very popular for jogging and bicycling without having to ride in traffic 100% of the time.

Weather: today we're having a spring blizzard and they're calling for around a foot of snow. From what's on the ground so far, I'd say we'll reach that mark that easily. Snow is blowing sideways outside as I write this. But, usually the weather here is great. Sure, we have some snow days where it's best to stay home, but the snow melts quickly, so we don't have snow on the ground for weeks or months as they do in some northern areas.

Summers here are amazing. If you hate humidity, and I bet you do from living in JAX, you'll love the dry air here and the usually mild summers. Sure, we get some weeks in the 90s and it hits 100+ now and then, but it cools off quickly once the sun goes down. Many older homes here don't have air-conditioning, if that tells you anything. You'd never see that in the south.

I'll be happy to write more if given more specifics about locations or general topics to discuss. PM if you wish. Good luck!
    Last edited by George; March 23rd, 2016 at 09:42 AM.

You too!!?!!

We were looking in the Stapleton Area (former airport). It's a newer area near the medical center and 15 min from downtown denver and they just completed a light rail connection there. There are beautiful parks, a nature trail though the middle, and

http://www.stapletondenver.com
    The Stapleton community is among Denver’s most dynamic and vibrant — filled with passionate people who believe in strong community involvement and improving the world around them. The Denver neighborhoods in Stapleton are home to an eclectic mix of growing families, young professionals, empty nesters and numerous stand-out community leaders who are making positive change throughout Denver, the region and the world.
    STAPLETON DENVER NAMED NUMBER FOUR BEST-SELLING MASTER PLANNED COMMUNITY IN NATION
    The idea was to take the best things about Denver’s classic neighborhoods – parks, welcoming front porches, ally-loaded garages, architectural diversity, tree-lined streets, more parks – and continue those urban patterns into new Denver neighborhoods. While applying some new thinking in the process. Like the use of water-wise landscaping and energy-efficient building standards on everything from homes to commercial spaces. Affordable housing, both for rent and sale, fitting seamlessly into the neighborhoods. And perhaps the most sustainable idea of them all: a pedestrian-friendly, mixed-use environment with everything you need a short walk or bike ride away.

Two decades later, Stapleton stands as a model for urban redevelopment worldwide.
    Buzzing with bike races, farmers markets and concerts in the park, Stapleton now thrives at a grassroots level thanks to residents and business owners each adding their own touch. It has become a place that’s far better than anyone could have planned.
    sorry... got a little excited.
    Last edited by 21Kid; March 23rd, 2016 at 12:43 PM.

Most of the other locals Nigel/Chris/Zach/Ian stopped coming here... I don't know if Zach and Ian ever really did... And they don't even Facebook much, except for Nigel. Your best bet is to text/call them directly.

Chris is occasionally on fb. Nigel is more so and you can usually get a response in the same day.

I feel like nobody has mentioned weed and Subarus, so I'll throw that in.

^^ posted at 4:20pm. Haha.

Don't forget the hot and cold running Coors!
    Whoomah!

To legal weed, fresh Coors, and abundant Subarus, I'll add 75 mph speed limits on highways.

Just watch out for this guy:

Last edited by George; March 23rd, 2016 at 03:46 PM.

And don't do 65mph passing an RV doing 50mph in an uphill 55mph zone.
    Whoomah!

What kind of monster would even think about it?