Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

I keep forgetting to check this out considering I've owned it for a while now... is there's an "easy" or "god" mode where I don't have to worry about grinding so much, and can freely explore places?

Administrator
    I remember reading something about a "creative" or "creation" mode or something like that that sounds like what you're looking for. So far, Normal's been an interesting mix of "goddammit, I keep having to do this stuff to stay alive" along with "shit, what is it that I need to do to make it easier to stay alive".

Yeah start and it asks mode - creative should be no grind, just build and enjoy.

I hope this game becomes free with gold. I have watched people play it on Twitch, and I"m not convinced to pay full price, but may want to give it a whirl at a much lower price.

Administrator
    I'm really enjoying it, but I also picked it up when it was half-off for a day on Steam. I probably wouldn't have considered it worth $60, but happy with it at $30.

I think one of the things I like about it is that it reminds me of a modernized Star Control 2. Not nearly as good, but the closest I've played in a long time.

They have done another big update.
    Improved VR and some better multiplayer.
    Plus new features like tame/ride creatures.

Its a nice update but not anything radically new, just more of the same. A bit buggy, had it crash twice in a couple of hours. Seems they are doing daily patches for the crashes!

But if you havent touched it for a while then maybe get the update and see what its like.

NMS is still going... they have just done a new update.
    https://www.nomanssky.com/frontiers-update/

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I tend to play it for a month or so, every few years (modding the shit out of it every time, of course (Bill ))

I think lots of people do that!
    This new update is pretty lame.
    But the previous missions were good - you had to start a new game and there was set goals and new rewards. Good for both new players and people who had played for a long while (as they had to start again). Down side was that it was only available for a few weeks per mission.
    A new mission is due soon, worth keeping an eye out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I tend to play it for a month or so, every few years (modding the shit out of it every time, of course (Bill ))
    Me? What did I say?

I played it a bit on Xbox w/Carlo and Dennis. Only like 10 hrs though. Not long enough to even figure out what I was doing.