Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

I wonder if stuff was changed, like the "observatory". You pass the rotating code test and it searches. It gives a message like "deep in space" or "light years away" but then finds something on the same planet, just like the signal scan.
    Could it be this was meant to find stars or planets?

Would be nice if you could scan and get planet info (life forms, weather, maybe even major resources) while in space.
    I've been in the situation of needing a given material and having to try several planets to find it.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    It's also be nice to have the ability to scan asteroids in a given system. Since all the main elemental resources exist as asteroids, it'd be nice to know what something was before you lobbed some shots at it, only to find out it's fucking iron, and not gold/etc.

Junior Potato
    Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    It's also be nice to have the ability to scan asteroids in a given system. Since all the main elemental resources exist as asteroids, it'd be nice to know what something was before you lobbed some shots at it, only to find out it's fucking iron, and not gold/etc.
    That, and scanning planets so that they said "Above average quantities of MATERIAL" would be good ideas.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Meh. I'm having fun with it. Even if it may get a little boring.

It is fun when you get lost in a cave though. After a "goddamn it", just plasma grenade a hole through the ceiling til you see daylight, and jet pack out.

I haven't upgraded to grenades yet.

I did find a station which buys plutonium and heridium at nearly 100% over market. Gave the system an indicative name and called the planet STAAAATIIIOONNN

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I've been naming planets accordingly as well. I found one station that frequently had passersby selling unstable plasma at 2x the going rate. So I made a run to the planet to get the materials to make as many as my shitty ship would hold (and mining asteroids on the way back).

I found one planet with Sac Venom (30k each at 1x price), littered all over it. The best part is, the planet is only about 20 seconds pulse drive from the station.

I may whore that out for a bit.

I think I discovered a process with the ships. I'm currently at a 25 slot hold, and ships in the station generally are in the 33-39 slot range (also ranging from 4M to 17M in cost), but I can't seem to find anything bigger than 39 right now.

My theory is, to buy one that's bigger than what I have now, and stock up, and buy up from that, hopefully at some point being a 48-slot ship. Chances are, I'll need to have about 30M in the bank to try.

Yep, after reading & watching some reviews after the release and reading this thread, I know this is not the game for me. I actually bought the "Horizons" package for Elite a few weeks ago when it was half price and am planning on getting back into that for a while (I hope). Regardless, I figured for those here who are into NMS and on PC, you may want to check out Empyrion Galactic Survival if you already haven't. People seem to really like it and it often pops up on sale in my recommendations on Steam for less then $20. I see a lot of comments along the lines of this is what NMS should have been etc. and that's why I wanted to mention it.

Random steam user review quote I grabbed for RWA. " flipped a motorcycle into a lake and forgot how to put my helmet back on and drowned, 10/10 would do again"

This game is fine if you treat it like meditation (but a bit more frustrating). Put on some classic rock or music you want to listen to, do some farming, explore the storyline bit by bit. Relax.

Last night I finally found a planet with tons of wildlife on it, including some weird flying animals (couldn't figure out how to scan or shoot them though?) and storms. That was cool. Before that it had mainly been the same similar-looking proc-gen plants (to the extent that my daughter said indignantly "We already named that plant as the BlueberryFlower!") and was getting slightly tedious.

I also got destroyed by pirates on the way to the STAATTIOOONN to offload my loot, as I was a bit off with the controls, but it's all good.

Admittedly I can't see myself playing it after I'm done with the main storyline.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; August 25th, 2016 at 12:37 AM.

If you die you can go back and collect loot from your grave