Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation and Xbox online store specials

Junior Potato
    Three issues there:
    1. The Xbox iPhone app has the most rudimentary store feature I've ever seen, and it's terrible to navigate.
    2. On the web the Xbox store only gives me the GB pages so I can't see AU pricing, and it's also terrible to navigate (on phone anyway, the Win 10 app is better).
    3. If I was to plug my console in and browse the store on that, then I'd be dealing with an issue shared with the non-store parts of the XBone; it's fucking terrible to navigate. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that before somewhere…

And yes I've given it a chance. I've owned the console for three months now and I still have an annoying time getting the info I want. There's no easy way to list all of the add-ons for Forza Horizon 3, for instance. It's like a maze of disorganised information, which changes depending on where you look.

So fuck it. I'm not buying anything on the Xbox store if it's available on PS4, and unless it's essential, just out of sheer principle.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah, i hate the Xbox store layout as well - on PS Store it's so easy, as everything is listed on a sidebar, including a section for specials/deals which is either hard to find or non existent on Xbox. There will be people here who can navigate the Xbox store with ease probably, but in terms of initial user friendliness, it ain't there.

Yes, the game store on the Xbone is awkward. You can't even sort the games list. You only get "new" or "featured."

Sounds like Netflix.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    And for PS4 I bought Gravity Rush Remastered based on the strength of the demo for Gravity Rush 2, which is cool as hell and looks amazing. It was $13.45. It features a cosmic space kitty. Cute.
    So I've now finished the storyline for Gravity Rush, and played the demo for Gravity Rush 2, and watched the 20-minute anime that bridges the story between the two games, and now I can say that I'm seriously pumped for Gravity Rush 2. I've had a lot of fun playing so far.

Junior Potato
    Oh the dilemma of looking at awesome cheap indie titles in the Playstation Days of Play sale, games like Furi and Hyper Light Drifter for $11 each.

I just want everything to be available on Switch so that I can play them on the toilet.

SW Battlefront Ultimate edition is also on sale... for $11. This would be great if anyone was still playing.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    The Bunker is at an acceptable price now, for the length of the game (3 hours?). After a couple playthroughs i got an easy platinum, after going back for the missable trophies.

Good playing a live action game again, been a long time since i've played another i think. Late Shift looks interesting too, but not on special.

Though about buying Battlefront, but keep getting told it has no single player content, and i suck at online shooters. I always camp out.

Junior Potato
    Turns out Furi was given away free at launch last year for PS Plus subscribers, so I already own it. The music is great, like, really great, but fuck it's hard. I'll beat that first boss eventually.

Hyper Light Drifter is also obnoxiously great in terms of art style, but the 20 minutes I've been able to give it haven't been enough for me to get into it yet.

October 2017's list of free PlayStation Plus games has been revealed, with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain headlining the list.

WHAT!?!!? I can't believe they are giving MGSV away for free!!!

I would highly recommend this game to anyone as a paid game. After you get through the boring intro (admittedly it sat on my shelf for a few months due to this) it turns into an amazing game. It's my favorite MGS game, and one of my top 5 all time. It's one of the very few games that I might pick up to play through again entirely.

Neat. Which platform?