Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

The NX will be unveiled tomorrow, October 20th, in a three minute video at 10 AM EST.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/19/13...nx-reveal-date
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato

BTDT

Junior Potato
    So guess who's server can't handle a peak load right now.

Junior Potato
    And here it is!

The Nintendo Switch.

Last edited by Rare White Ape; October 20th, 2016 at 06:27 AM.

http://kotaku.com/heres-your-first-l...con-1788004927

At home, Nintendo Switch rests in the Nintendo Switch Dock that connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room. By simply lifting Nintendo Switch from the dock, the system will instantly transition to portable mode, and the same great gaming experience that was being enjoyed at home now travels with you. The portability of Nintendo Switch is enhanced by its bright high-definition display. It brings the full home gaming system experience with you to the park, on an airplane, in a car, or to a friend’s apartment.

Gaming springs into action by removing detachable Joy-Con controllers from either side of Nintendo Switch. One player can use a Joy-Con controller in each hand; two players can each take one; or multiple Joy-Con can be employed by numerous people for a variety of gameplay options. They can easily click back into place or be slipped into a Joy-Con Grip accessory, mirroring a more traditional controller. Or, if preferred, the gamer can select an optional Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to use instead of the Joy-Con controllers. Furthermore, it is possible for numerous people to bring their Nintendo Switch systems together to enjoy local multiplayer face-to-face competition.

Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.

The Nintendo Switch’s gaming experience is also supported by fully custom software, including a revamped physics engine, new libraries, advanced game tools and libraries. NVIDIA additionally created new gaming APIs to fully harness this performance. The newest API, NVN, was built specifically to bring lightweight, fast gaming to the masses.

Gameplay is further enhanced by hardware-accelerated video playback and custom software for audio effects and rendering.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; October 20th, 2016 at 06:48 AM.

Hmm, this isn't going to go well.

Mind expanding on that thought? I've seen some good discussions based on what information is (and isn't) out there now.

Those detachable joysticks and buttons seem really close together. Looks like I'd get a cramp trying to hold.

I like that it uses cartridges again. I've been saying for a while that they should go back to those since they can hold so much memory now.

Did they release any stats? resolution, battery life, are the controllers & other systems connected via bluetooth or something else?

I've not seen any stats. All the Wii and Wii U controllers use Bluetooth (as do the PS4 and XBone controllers AFAIK), so it would make sense if the Switch's did as well. I'm guessing the LAN party like multiplayer is via WiFi on an ad-hoc network.

I'm wondering how much internal storage it will come with, and assuming it will have an SD card slot in addition to that. It will be important to see how big the games are as well.