Page 34 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

I think most RPGs are multiplatform nowadays and/or "better on PC" (because of mods and such), so it's tougher for them to be a traditional system seller. No fault of the genre or the games.

RE: 3DS support, keep in mind they also said they were going to continue to support the Wii U, and had no plans to stop production, until the day they announced they were stopping production. It's possible they keep the 3DS around as a low cost option (apparently the GBA continued on with third party kiddie games after the DS overtook it), but I think Nintendo's "big" titles are going to be transitioned to the Switch going forward.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Yes.
    Cool, thanks. I'll start looking for close-out WiiU bundles.

Ash will play Little Big Planet, Tetris, etc. on the PS4 but there are a lot more titles for Nintendo that I think she'd enjoy.

Junior Potato

I like Zelda and what I've seen on this new Zelda. OTOH, you all know I do not like Nintendo and its games or policies.
    I thought "Hey, I could buy a cheap bundle with Wii U and Zelda BoW instead of a full blown Switch, since the differences in the game are minimal between the two platforms"... but WiiU even on Amazon aren't less than 244 euro in Italy. What about Switch? It will be sold at 329 euro in Italy, probably 309 after a month or two.
    So why in the hell getting the older system instead of the new one when the difference (for now) is only about 50 euro and the Switch is not only a home console but a portable one?
    I'm not going to buy a Switch at day one, and there are many things I also do not like about it (ergonomics, use of cartridges, paid online services, fake free games...) but it makes more sense as a system (for casual gamers and Nintendo aficionados) than WiiU (and maybe even Wii) ever did, in my opinion.

P.S.: so I'll end up finding a torrent WiiU version of Zelda BoW and await Dolphin emulator to run well enough on PCs...

Yeah, I noticed WiiU on Amazon are still sky high here as well.

I'll likely have a used WiiU available for sale in the next couple of months

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    P.S.: so I'll end up finding a torrent WiiU version of Zelda BoW and await Dolphin emulator to run well enough on PCs...
    Dolphin already runs beautifully but it only handles GC and Wii games.

CemU is what you want for Wii U games, and its latest update (1.7.0) has opened up the ability to play in 4K with full graphics caching for some games, which means the stuttering is gone. Give it a try. My meagre laptop can crank 60fps out of Mario 3D World on an older build but with heaps of stutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    CemU is what you want for Wii U games, and its latest update (1.7.0) has opened up the ability to play in 4K with full graphics caching for some games, which means the stuttering is gone. Give it a try. My meagre laptop can crank 60fps out of Mario 3D World on an older build but with heaps of stutter.
    Cheers! I'll look into that and... Wind Waker HD!

I'm interested in a Switch but the price points for stuff are a bit off putting. especially no charging joycon grip with the system? really? Fine if they're replaceable like xbox but they aren't.

Nintendo is taking some risks with this system. Especially since it apparently doesn't have the power to run the new Zelda at anything above 900p with 30fps.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Cheers! I'll look into that and... Wind Waker HD!
    Yeah dude. It's an amazing game that nobody appreciated when it first came out.